Delay when dropping items

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by NightyNight, Jan 18, 2020.

1. I've got a strange little quirk going on, when players drop items, no matter what gamemode, the item will drop but it will take a good 1/4-1/2 second for the item to stop showing in the player's hotbar or inventory. Has anyone else had this problem? Plugin list:
    SavageCore, LuckPerms, PlaceholderAPI, ClearLag, EasyBackup, PowerNBT, Holograms, NBTInjector, FastAsyncWorldEdit, DeveloperAPI, EpicWorldGenerator, TNTFillFree, Vault, Essentials, FastAsyncVoxelSniper, SpigotLib, ProtocolLib, DeluxeChat, ECD, VoxelSniper, EssentialsSpawn, WorldEdit, WorldGuard, Factions, Plan, ChaoticCore, TAB, SilkSpawners, WildStacker

2. The best I can come up with is that your server is lagging. Perhaps you do not have a good enough server plan from your host?

3. It isn't lag. I'll keep investigating it, though. I have a feeling it might be because of an item drop listener that I'll have to fix.

4. I'd start by getting rid of WildStacker and ClearLag.

5. Check your TPS. If they are low, it’ll no doubt cause your items to have a delay in dropping.
    If it isn’t that, open a local server with the same plugins and try removing plugins one by one until you have isolated the problem. If I was you, I’d start with the WildStacker—seems like it could be an obvious culprit. If it isn’t that, maybe look at the clear lag, NBT plugins, then the Voxel, and then the others... one by one.