Deluxechat help please..

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by dickeddocks, Jun 12, 2017.

1. @clip So i just bought Deluxechat and cant understand anything...
    So i go into my server and say something and the placeholders dont work... my prefix shows up as "%vault_groupprefix%" or something and my name shows up as "%player% i installed ur placeholderapi plugin and reloaded serveral times plz help,,, @clip
    Btw: this is the config:
    https://pastebin.com/GMTDgBQR

2. That's the way you setup your default group...

Code (Text):
    formats:
      default:
        priority: 2147483647
        channel: ''
        prefix: '&7[%vault_groupprefix%&7] '
        name_color: '&b'
        name: '%player%'
        suffix: '&7> '
        chat_color: '&f'
        channel_tooltip:
        - ''
        prefix_tooltip:
        - '%player%'
        - '&bRank: %vault_group%'
        name_tooltip:
        - ''
        suffix_tooltip:
        - ''
        channel_click_command: /ranks
        prefix_click_command: /ranks
        name_click_command: '/msg %player% '
        suffix_click_command: ''
    I recommend watching some vids about the plugin like this one:

3. i pasted the new code and also watched the video, but the placeholders still arent working in the chat just show up as "%player% and all :"(

4. You have to install PlaceholderAPI. This plugin allows you to download small extensions which contain the placeholders you're looking for.

When installed you can use the command /papi ecloud download <extension>. Extensions can be found on this website; the clickable link is the name of the extension you can use in the mentioned command.

When that's all set up you can use this list of placeholders.

--update--
    The default placeholders in the DeluxeChat configuration files are all broken and have to be replaced with ones from the list above.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. All placeholders are now handled by PlaceholderAPI for that plugin, the default configuration generated is wrong and will not work, you will have to do something like "/papi ecloud download player" and use the %player_name% placeholder (extremely unclear in my opinion and needs to be plug and play with the basic placeholders) @clip

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. That video would now be outdated due to the major changes with the placeholder system deluxechat had recently.

OP, please join the support discord where I or one of the many others can help you out. You can find the link on all of clips resource pages.

7. will do, thankyou :)