Deny double clicks in Inventory

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by TomDev, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Hi, I would like create an inventory but I have a problem

When I double-click on an object already present in the inventory, I retrieve all the objects identical to the one I just clicked

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

Code

Code (Text):
    if(inv.getName().equals("§cTest")){
                e.setCancelled(true);

if(iteminv.isSimilar(getBookManager().getBasicBook().getBasic())){
                    getBookManager().getBasicBook().give((Player) e.getWhoClicked());
                } else
                if(iteminv.isSimilar(getBookManager().getRareBook().getBasic())){
                    getBookManager().getRareBook().give((Player) e.getWhoClicked());
                } else
                if(iteminv.isSimilar(getBookManager().getLegendaryBook().getBasic())){
                    getBookManager().getLegendaryBook().give((Player) e.getWhoClicked());
                } else
                if(iteminv.isSimilar(getBookManager().getDivinBook().getBasic())){
                    getBookManager().getDivinBook().give((Player) e.getWhoClicked());
                }
            }
    Inventory Initi:
    Code (Text):
            InventoryBuilder inventoryBuilder = new InventoryBuilder();
            inventoryBuilder.setName("§cTest");
            inventoryBuilder.setSize(9);
            inventoryBuilder.getInventoryContainers().full(new ItemStackBuilder().setMaterial(Material.STAINED_GLASS_PANE).setData((byte) 8).build());
            inventoryBuilder.getInventoryContainers().setItem(1, getBookManager().getBasicBook().getBasic());
            inventoryBuilder.getInventoryContainers().setItem(3, getBookManager().getRareBook().getBasic());
            inventoryBuilder.getInventoryContainers().setItem(5, getBookManager().getLegendaryBook().getBasic());
            inventoryBuilder.getInventoryContainers().setItem(7, getBookManager().getDivinBook().getBasic());
            this.generate = inventoryBuilder.build();

2. sothatsit

Patron

If you cancel all InventoryClickEvents for your inventory you should have no issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Code (Text):
    if(inv.getName().equals("§Test")){
                e.setCancelled(true);

} else
                } else
                } else
                }
            }
    I already cancelled all InventoryClickEvent for Test inventory
    Code (Text):
    if(inv.getName().equals("§Test")){
                e.setCancelled(true);
    And I juste have another condition:

Code (Text):
            if(e.getClickedInventory() == null) return;

4. sothatsit

Patron

It may be an issue in the server not updating the inventory of the player after you have cancelled the event. Run this after you cancel the event:
    Code (Text):
    final HumanEntity player = event.getWhoClicked();
    Bukkit.getScheduler().runTask(pluginInstance, () -> { player.updateInventory(); });
    This will force an update of the player's inventory after the event has been cancelled.

5. Out of curiousity, why did you put that in a scheduler?

6. sothatsit

Patron

So that it runs after the event has been handled by the server. Sometimes issues can occur if it is run in the listener as the server has not reverted the changes the player made to the inventory and therefore updateInventory will send them the same broken inventory.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Doestn't work

8. Post whole code please.

9. sothatsit

Patron

That is so incredibly vague.

10. Exactly, that's why I asked him to show all code, because a simple 'doesn't work' gives us no way to help...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I have the same result code :

Code (Text):
    if(inv.getName().equals("§cTest")){
                e.setCancelled(true);
                Bukkit.getScheduler().runTask(getTest(), () -> { ((Player) e.getWhoClicked()).updateInventory(); });

} else
                } else
                } else
                }
            }

12. I havent tested it, but it should be possibly to detect with " if(event.getClick() == event.getClick().DOUBLE_CLICK){}"

13. sothatsit

Patron

Is there an error, does it not compile or does it fail silently?

14. No compilation error and no consol error

15. sothatsit

Patron

Broadcast a message to ensure that section of code is being triggered.

Something like
    Code (Text):
    Bukkit.broadcastMessage("It's working");
    If that doesn't work, post your whole listener, not just the part of it you think is relevant. Also, make sure your events are registered, that is a common mistake.

16. When I double click in my inventory, the event does not trigger because when I click on my inventory I do not click on the inventory "Test"

17. sothatsit

Patron

You used InventoryClickEvent#getClickedInventory() instead of InventoryClickEvent#getInventory(). If you had shown us your whole listener in the first place this could have been solved long ago :\.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Thanks !