Depend in plugin YAML is not making the plugin load after the dependency.

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by BadBoy6767, Dec 5, 2015.

1. I have a plugin (name hidden) and it requires a plugin called CustomHeadAPI.
    This is the plugin's YAML file:
    Code (Text):

name: (Hidden)
    version: 1
    main: (Hidden)
    depend: [CustomHeadApi]
    commands:
      spawn:
        description: Goto the spawn point
      setspawn:
        description: Adds spawn point
      delspawn:
        description: Removes spawn point
      mct:
        description: (Hidden) main command

Isn't this supposed to make the plugin enable after the dependency?
    It's not happening and then It sends a ClassNotFoundException because of that.

Any help?

2. Is that the correct name of the plugin? Open the plugin.yml of CustomHeadAPI and look at the name path. It is case-sensitive.

3. It is correct.

4. Pretty sure it is CustomHeadAPI. Not CustomHeadApi.

5. It says it's broken because the plugin was meant to get custom textures from any given url, however from 1.8.3 Mojang added a whitelist to allow only skins from the Minecraft skin servers, which is where the skin I'm trying to use is from:
    http://textures.minecraft.net/textu...e1e273e3025617d8071516f953251b52545da8d3e8db8

6. But that's not the point of this thread, the problem is my plugin is loading before CustomHeadAPI, so it gets disabled.

7. Do you have the dependency in your plugins directory ?

8. Do you think I'm that stupid?
    I said that the dependency loads after my plugin.

9. Have you opened your plugin jar with a zip tool and found the correct plugin.yml?
    Does this happen on start of server or only on reload?

10. I did check out the plugin.yml on both those plugins and they were all correct.
    This happens on the start of the server, I don't reload it because it breaks PerWorldPlugins.

11. No need to be rude, just trying to help. So good luck with your issue.

12. Sorry, just anger managment problems.

Anyways, I've decided to copy that API and try to remove it's function as a plugin but as an actual API.