Solved Developer Milestones

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Stellrow, Jul 24, 2018.

1. A question for everyone is what milestones would you consider achieving like "creating from scratch the X game" at this point i created my first plugin,a rip off of the thepit minigame and i feel ascending from "stop trying" to "you could do better"
    So what you guys thinks should i try to achieve to learn as much as possible

Btw pls no hate for "no plugin coding help post"

2. ScarabCoder

ScarabCoder Retired Resource Staff
    Retired

Sorry, don't really understand your post. Are you looking for goals to become better as Spigot developer?

• Learning about objects, properly
    • Learning about files
    • Learning about abstract, interfaces, access modifiers
    • Learning what async(hronous) is
    • Learning about threads
    • Learning about lambdas
    I realise these are more java specific but oh well. Also i’ve obviously missed some stuff. Just do those :D

3. Yes,what would i have to make to get better

4. ScarabCoder

ScarabCoder Retired Resource Staff
    Retired

I'd try doing free plugin requests in the Offering Developers section on the forums here. Do it like free for vouch copies, it's a great way to build up a portfolio.

Otherwise, try going for something really unique that isn't necessarily useful but just rather cool, to show off. Personally I play around with sending custom packets to figure out how to manipulate the client and post my findings here on the forums.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Thats a great ideea never thought about the plugin request section,thanks for telling me