Developers from which country do you prefer and why?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by WizardOzz, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Developers aren't the ones who decide what to develop; that's management. Don't blame the developers.

2. I'm not hiring you because you're a fucking spanish, eww.
    I'm not hiring you because you're a chinese person.

It's constituional racism, you can't just ask who you would work with and what race they have to be.
    There are employment laws in the EU, USA, Asia. So you cannot deny them because they are of other origin.

I don't even know what this thread is actually about, hiring a developer from a different country or taking this thread and disallowing someone because of this thread.

3. Did you actually even bother trying to read the given arguments about our statement (I assume you can read).

4. It's legal to restrict hiring based on citizenship.

I wouldn't hire a Chinese person from China.
    I wouldn't hire a Chinese person from Russia.
    I would hire a Chinese person from the United States.

See the difference?

5. Well, I don't think this is a matter of whether it's legal or not. He's just saying we're racist.
    Sorry, but if I need work done, I'm looking for quality. Looking at numbers, quality is more guaranteed in one country than the other. If you want to hire terrible developers just because hiring good ones is "racism" then I dunno how I'd be running a company.

6. MiniDigger

Supporter

there is a difference here. you are allowed to filter based on where you life, not because of where you came from.
    you can't deny somebody who immigrated from india to the us but is a us citizen just because they are indian.

7. I would never choose a Dev based upon location. Find one based up their skills and previous works.

8. Cough cough US cough cough

9. I think there's a Massive point you've so blindly missed NATIONALITIES AREN'T FUCKING RACES.

10. if they dont sexually identify as panda, they are as good as gone