Did you know: Google Authenticator & Premium Resources

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. md_5

Administrator Developer

The dev can charge whatever they feel its worth. The market will sort itself out and people won't buy stuff that isn't worth the money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. jflory7

jflory7 Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

It's a capitalist market – someone can charge any amount, but if it's too expensive, people just won't buy it, and the developer would have to lower his price to get any sales.

Edit: Oops, didn't see md_5's post saying the same thing :p

3. Why would you set a limit? If a dev sees that no one buys his plugins because they're too expensive, he'll lower the prices himself.

4. Might have to think about getting premium soon then.

5. What is the requeriment for upload premium plugins?

6. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

The plugin has to do what it is described to do.

7. I mean this:
    [​IMG]
    Premium option is disabled.

8. md_5

Administrator Developer

You need to be a member for a week and have twenty posts.

9. Very eager to start uploading some dying private plugins I made in the past to the premium resources section :)

10. Can't figure out how to make a premium resource. It seems like the category is disabled, is that so?

11. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

There is a restriction of having 20 posts and being registered for a week before you are able to post premium resources.

12. Random. However, anyone check the legality of selling plugins? A few layers of abstraction for bungee plugins, but still this is all built around minecraft. It's one thing to have private contract work done, it's another to become a marketplace for this.

I know Mod authors who even tried to make money using adfly got pressured. The general word is you should not be making money off of derivative work. IIRC

13. Awesome, can't wait to be able to use the premium resources.

14. It doesnt let me create premium resource ): plz help me!
    It doesnt allow me to click premium

15. Dmck2b

Services Staff

You need 20 posts on the forums.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. What if all the plugin developers get together and decide to charge X amount for their plugins? But X was fairly high? That is why in my opinion, there should be a cap.

18. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

If nobody buys it because it's a pricy plugin, they'd reduce the price in order to gain sales.

19. Apparently you have never taken an economics class. If all the developers get together and say we are going to charge nothing below X. No one can buy any plugin below X because no one is selling below X. So they can charge what they want. Diamonds are literally worthless if we put the amount of diamonds we have on the market. They are fairly common. It is just the flow of the diamonds and a the people selling them saying they are actually worth X. The same goes with lots of things like bandwidth in the U.S. (It is getting better). Capitalist markets don't always work. If you mix in a little bit of government control things get better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.