Different Servers - BungeeCord

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Discussion' started by jg555, May 21, 2013.

1. My son is experimenting with different versions of Minecraft Servers. Is it possible under BungeeCord to run is normal servers Bungee and 4 Spigot with a Forge Server.

This to me is more of a feature request for Bungee.

If a user logs on with a regular minecraft client, they can go to the Generic Servers. If they logon with a client with the Forge Mod, they would be able to access the Forge Server.

I assume that the logic must be in place somewhere already since you can't use a standard client with a Forge Server. A simple flag in the server config like server-type: {Forge Standard Tekkit}, would redirect the client.

I know this isn't said enough to the people who do the work on the projects, I personally appreciate all the efforts of the Bungee and Spigot staff and look forward to the future.

2. I looked at that, but that seems to be more for than the versions. I'm looking at Forge, Tekkit, Vanilla, and Bukkit type of scenario.

3. Well, here's the thing : with a tekkit client, you won't be able to connect to forge servers because you won't have all the mods. So in the end, it's pretty useless to have such a network until there is a way to "send" mods to minecraft clients.

4. Mikgreg

Supporter

Keep on topic :>