Dificulty not changing

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by mike08, May 17, 2016.

1. Hi there,

I have an issue where the world difficulty cant be changed, even if the server.properties file is set to 0 on the difficulty option, it wont actually change if you join the server, if I start a new world the issue is gone, is it possible that the world file locks that?
    The hardcore mode can't be changed either unless I use a new world.

System specs
    Java 1.8
    Spigot 1.8.8
    Centos 6.5

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!

2. have you restarted the server since editing the server.properties file? also, there's a command to change a player's default gamemode in-game

3. The server has been restarted many times after editing the server.properties file, I have even let it build a new world when starting the server and it properly works.
    The issue is just with the old world somehow.

4. Hello camden,

Thank you for your reply, however I know which value corresponds to each option. For some reason those values work if the server starts with a fresh world, IF I choose a the old world those values wont do any effect at all nor by issuing them in the console.

5. So, I have been able to modify this by running the world on my local minecraft launcher, it is possible to change/lock the difficulty on the world itself.
    I had to launch the world locally, go to the local worlds and change the difficulty there in-game, that did the trick.