Disable "Build outdated" delay?

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by aWolfWizard, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Anyone know how to remove the delay, I have no intention of updating spigot and it's just ultimately wasting time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. md_5

Administrator Developer

No its not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. If I have no intention of updating my version of spigot as I don't like the updates (Minecraft's updates) such as the 1.9 PVP update, then how is that not wasting time? What's the point in notifying someone about something they have no interest in.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Also, what about timings on 1.8?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Versions that are older than 1.11 are not supported on Spigot any more and will receive no updates. To remove it add the following to your startup script:
    Code (Text):
    -jar -DIknowWhatImDoingISwear
    So they get the message.

6. So md_5 just merely disregards those that don't like updated version of Minecraft?

"Oh, you don't want to update? I don't care for you".

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. No, it's there to get people to update because they should. Staying outdated is your own problem if you encounter any bugs, etc..

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. There are plenty of plugins that offer "Pre-1.8" combat mechanics for 1.11. I suggest you look into it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Not complaining about bugs, just saying why should you force someone to update.

10. How is he using force? Lol.

11. ???, I wasn't looking for changes in the combat mechanics, I was saying can the "delay until startup" be removed / have an option to be disabled, no problem with notifying me about newer versions, just don't see a need to delay things because you want them to update.

12. It's there so they see it and it doesn't get pushed away by other plugin's loading.

13. I meant you shouldn't make someone feel like they have to update, I have no problem with the notification of a newer version being out, just don't want it to delay server startup.

14. Gaxan

Supporter

It's not like you pay for spigot.
    The notice is to let users know an update is available.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Notify op's on login, hundreds of plugins do it, what stops spigot from doing it, or is it just laziness that he would rather ignore what people of the community want.

16. Ultimately if he didn't do what people of the community wanted, it wouldn't be here, I'm asking for it to be added.

17. I think this is a misunderstanding. Spigot doesn't force you to update to the latest Minecraft version but to the latest Spigot build for your Minecraft version AFAIK. This is important sothat you get the latest bugfixes. You can disable this if you start your server with
    java -DIReallyKnowWhatIAmDoingISwear -jar spigot.jar
    But consider not to because updating your server now and again is seriously important.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. No, he added that message for a few reasons, here are two of them:

• It warns users to update so people don't report issues to him while using outdated Spigot versions.
    • Some Spigot builds may have game breaking issues (duplication issues, etc) that were fixed in later builds, so it is advised to update as soon as possible.

Also, what would matter disabling that message for you? You are using an outdated version so, even if md_5 removed the message, it wouldn't change anything to you. ;)

(And @BrettplayMC and @Sataniel already shared how to disable that by using Java Flags, why don't you just use it then?)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. That final point though lol, its very true.. he wouldn't even see the change so whats the point in this thread? hahaha nice catch xD

• Like Like x 1
  20. Not asking to disable the message, asking to be able to disable the startup delay.