Disable EssentialsX Chat Formatting

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by zVortexGG, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Hi, I`m using EssentialsX Chat only for {displayname}
    I dont want use it for chat formatting
    Im using other plugin for this, I need only displayname

How to disable all EssentialsX chat format?

P.S When im using it with my plugin, my plugin`s chat format dont working

EssXChat config:
    chat:

# If EssentialsChat is installed, this will define how far a player's voice travels, in blocks. Set to 0 to make all chat global.
    # Note that users with the "essentials.chat.spy" permission will hear everything, regardless of this setting.
    # Users with essentials.chat.shout can override this by prefixing text with an exclamation mark (!)
    # Users with essentials.chat.question can override this by prefixing text with a question mark (?)
    # You can add command costs for shout/question by adding chat-shout and chat-question to the command costs section."
    radius: 0

# Chat formatting can be done in two ways, you can either define a standard format for all chat.
    # Or you can give a group specific chat format, to give some extra variation.
    # For more information of chat formatting, check out the wiki: http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Chat_Formatting

format: '{DISPLAYNAME} {MESSAGE}'
    #format: '&7[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'

group-formats:
    # Default: '{WORLDNAME} {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'
    # Admins: '{WORLDNAME} &c[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&c {MESSAGE}'

# If you are using group formats make sure to remove the '#' to allow the setting to be read.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My chat format config:
    Groups:
    default:
    local: '&2[L] %prefix%player&7:&7 %message'
    global: '&6[G] %prefix%player&7:&f %message'
    global-symbol: '!'
    range: true
    radius: 100
    #Permission color codes - chat.color
    #Permission other codes - chat.other
    #Permission for reload plugin - chat.reload

#1 zVortexGG, Mar 5, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  2. You don't need EssentialsXChat for that. If you are using another plugin for the chat format, you only need EssentialsX and PlaceholderAPI (if that plugin supports it, it should)

3. Plugin dont need PAPI, it using permissionsex prefix etc.
    If i remove EssXChat, displayname doesnt working in tablist and chat

4. I edited the post look,
    I dont need chat section in my Esseniatls config
    I need only displayname for player

look screens:
    With EssentialsX Chat
    upload_2020-3-5_20-33-48.png

No EssentialsX Chat
    upload_2020-3-5_20-35-34.png

5. EssentialsXChat using PermissionsEx prefix/suffix and I need it ONLY!!! NOT CHAT FORMAT

6. Make sure to disable all the chat related features in the config. So disable this too by adding the '#' in front:

Code (YAML):
    # If EssentialsChat is installed, this will define how far a player's voice travels, in blocks. Set to 0 to make all chat global.
    # Note that users with the "essentials.chat.spy" permission will hear everything, regardless of this setting.
    # Users with essentials.chat.shout can override this by prefixing text with an exclamation mark (!)
    # Users with essentials.chat.question can override this by prefixing text with a question mark (?)
    # You can add command costs for shout/question by adding chat-shout and chat-question to the command costs section."
    radius
    : 0

# Chat formatting can be done in two ways, you can either define a standard format for all chat.
    # Or you can give a group specific chat format, to give some extra variation.
    # For more information of chat formatting, check out the wiki: http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Chat_Formatting

#format: '{DISPLAYNAME} {MESSAGE}'
    #format: '&7[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'

group-formats
    :
    # Default: '{WORLDNAME} {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'
    # Admins: '{WORLDNAME} &c[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&c {MESSAGE}'

# If you are using group formats make sure to remove the '#' to allow the setting to be read.
    Notice I added the '#' in front for
    Code (YAML):
    format: '{DISPLAYNAME} {MESSAGE}'

7. why don't you remove EssentialsXChat and enable change-displayname and add-prefix-suffix in EssentilasX config ?

8. Remove the plugin from the server and another plugin should override any other plugin potentially doing what you are wanting.

• Agree Agree x 1