1.14.4 Disabling Specific Vanilla Commands

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by UrgedFerret1178, Mar 9, 2020.

1. This is my first post on here...

I'd like to know how I can disable certain vanilla commands such as /kill, /gamemode, and so on.
    No, I am not looking for a plugin to disable the commands, or a sort of permissions system to only make them available to people who are opped on the server. I just want to know if it's possible- and if so how- to disable specific vanilla commands such as those.

Now why would I want to do that? Because then I can add that command back in or a command similar to it with more control and customization options.

I'd really appreciate any help I can get with this!

2. Hello,

You can disable them with the commands.yml file.

By the way..
    The permission system would still be your best "customization" solution here..

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Andre_601

Supporter

Also, in addition do vanilla commands automatically get overriden once a plugin with the same command is loaded.
    This was and still is a behaviour in Spigot, as plugins like EssentialsX use /gamemode or /give in their own system with their own implementation.
    So if you want to replace the command with that of a plugin, just install the plugin and you should be good to go.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Okay, that actually makes loads of sense! Thank you! This helps a lot!

5. Awesome! This is actually just the sort of thing I was looking for to disable some commands on a server! Thank you!