disconnected with: Kicked whilst connecting to lobby: You are already connected to this proxy!

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Discussion' started by AntPlayz, Jul 1, 2021.

1. My BungeeCord Server Im trying to setup gets the error "disconnected with: Kicked whilst connecting to lobby: You are already connected to this proxy!" in red. And I don't know what I did wrong. Please help!!

2. Please share your BungeeCord config.yml

3. You have set your lobby server to the same IP and port as your BungeeCord proxy. These need to be different as BungeeCord isn't a Minecraft server itself, it just acts as a proxy to forward connections between the backend Minecraft servers.

4. should I take out lobby under servers:?

5. or do I need another server as the lobby?

6. If you don't have a server to use as a lobby server then you should either take it out or get another server for lobby.

7. Ok, Ill get another server for the lobby. Would I join the server running bungeecord to join that server tho?

8. Because Im very confused.

9. Yes, you should always be joining through BungeeCord. From there you can join the other servers using the /server command.

Once you have everything working you should also ensure you have correctly secured your setup to prevent players from joining the servers directly as that can pose a security risk: https://www.spigotmc.org/wiki/firewall-guide/