Spigot DiscordSRV 1.24.0

A Minecraft to Discord and back linkage plugin.

1. Request:
    Being able to verify Discord people with their in-game name (Set their role).

Issue:

Not being able to verify if a player is the same person they are in-game, easily solved with having a verified role.

How would it work?
    Have them run /discord verify in-game that gives them a unique code, they then go into discord and use /verify <code>, this then auto moves them to the verified role. even better if you can figure out a way to save their UUID as a variable to the discord username (doubt thats possible) or maybe the other way around? can discord send their discord ID/Email to the minecraft server on verify?

Thanks.

2. Already a thing. /discord link

v13 (not released yet) introduces being able to run a server command when an account is linked, I'll add the feature to automatically add them to a role though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Damn son, step ahead! That would be great man, the role then allows you to set permissions on discord, so it'll be an easy solution!

4. Chat control just dropped support, said something about needing an Api?

5. I'm really enjoying this plugin. Nice work!
    I wanted to ask, would you be able to add a config feature to allow the login/logout StartUp/ShutDown messages to be sent to a channel separately from the rest of chat? Specifically, on my discord, I have one main general chat and we'd like to see when people log in/out and the servers are restarting posted to that channel and the chat be kept in a separate channel specific for the server. This would help with bungee setups, like mine, where the chat is kept local to the server the player is on.

It would also be nice to be able to specify a secondary channel, one that doesn't rely on a special chat plugin, to have a single admin chat on discord so they can keep an eye on all server chat activity. and speak globally....

#147 Voigt, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  6. will this work for bungeecord? and if not, is there a planned feature for it?

7. xxtreepuncherxx

Supporter

@Scarsz Does this Plugin work with chat plugins such as Towny chats. I've been using DiscordMC but its broadcasting all towny Channels such as Town,Nation,Staff, and Donor chats to Discord. Looking for an alternative seeming the Developer isnt interested in making it compatible. Thank you

8. Yes.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Unfortunately not possible to my knowledge unless the bot rapidly added and removed server emotes which would be hectic for Discord's rate limit.

10. Scarsz updated DiscordSRV with a new update entry:

Build 13.0

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. TowelieDOH

Supporter

Plugin doesn't load and gives this error on startup:
    [18:39:56] [Server thread/ERROR]: Could not load 'plugins/DiscordSRV.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.reflections.util.ClasspathHelper.forClassLoader([Ljava/lang/ClassLoader;)Ljava/util/Collection;
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:133) ~[spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-625bc00-d09304e]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:329) ~[spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-625bc00-d09304e]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:251) [spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-625bc00-d09304e]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_11_R1.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:301) [spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-625bc00-d09304e]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:204) [spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-625bc00-d09304e]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:544) [spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-625bc00-d09304e]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_112]
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.reflections.util.ClasspathHelper.forClassLoader([Ljava/lang/ClassLoader;)Ljava/util/Collection;
    at github.scarsz.discordsrv.objects.CommandManager.<init>(CommandManager.java:39) ~[?:?]
    at github.scarsz.discordsrv.DiscordSRV.<init>(DiscordSRV.java:66) ~[?:?]
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_112]
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_112]
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) ~[?:1.8.0_112]
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423) ~[?:1.8.0_112]
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:442) ~[?:1.8.0_112]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.<init>(PluginClassLoader.java:76) ~[spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-625bc00-d09304e]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:129) ~[spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-625bc00-d09304e]
    ... 6 more

12. Discord role collors not display ingame. Its same as deafault.. why?

13. Another one of your plugins uses a very old version of the Reflections library, one that DiscordSRV uses. Will hopefully isolate it with the next version, 13.1.

Small bug in 13.0. Fixed in 13.1.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TowelieDOH

Supporter

PS: You broke all older versions as it's trying to check fro latestupdate file from your github then the plugin refuses to load as it can't find it:

15. Yes, I know. The old update checker code was not exception-safe. v13 changed how updates were managed, thus triggering an exception which in 12.4 & below causes the entire plugin to fall apart. It wasn't planned to change how the updates worked at the beginning.

16. TowelieDOH

Supporter

Well damn that kinda put me in a lot of pain rn :(

17. Add this to your config if you still want to stay on the old versions for some reason (you really, really shouldn't).

Code (Text):
    UpdateCheckDisabled: true

18. TowelieDOH

Supporter

I don't want to stay on the old version but i will need to until you release 13.1