DMCA'd

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Sep 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My god...

My take on this. It's been a rough month for anything relating to Mojang / Minecraft. I don't foresee this so called business model staying afloat for much longer. They're nudging out the server owners and the people who made this game successful and community so large.

I feel for the community of Minecraft because 90% of players dont know any of this is happening. I suggest each server owner inform his community about the wrong-doings (as simple as they can) so everyone can be up to speed on this.

#21 Kainzo, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 9
  2. I just saw that you couldn't download dev downloads of bukkit i just saided wtf and i saw the notications and they saided Copyright ... then went into heres a few mins i saw md just posting this

3. There is a super thread about the CraftBukkti situation here.

4. Very scary. This is a very pivotal moment for Spigot right now. This is when the Spigot team will make it or break it.

Best of luck.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Good luck md_5, this is really pointless, it's obvious mojang have completed their API and are getting rid of bukkit.
    I will donate.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Time to start distributing patches instead of the full binary.

• Like Like x 1
  7. This has been a pretty hectic month for Minecraft. We should all just go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint and wait for all this to blow over.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. This is not good D: Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
  9. His copyright claim is complete bogus. He won't win against Spigot, Bukkit, and Mojang's lawyers.

10. I think you forget Mojang are victims aswell. Wolverines is doing it in spite of Mojang. We are on the same side as Mojang.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. Dat reference doe <3

12. Get a server from cyberbunker and change your name

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. maldahleh

Wiki Team

Mojang didn't do this, please read before throwing blame at Mojang.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Why did Wolvereness do this @md_5 ?
    Have you got any idea?

15. He more then likely wants money... Wolvereness that is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. So he is saying that because Mojang never authorised the use of it's code, the GPL license is invalid and therefore it belongs to him?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. JamesJ

Supporter

I want to cry.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. I'd assume he thinks that if Bukkit is having issues, Spigot should have them too. Chaotic, maybe we should all chill out from Minecraft for a bit...

19. So.. Wolvereness is trying to take down both spigot and bukkit at the same time? Does he live to kill minecraft servers now?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.