Do I report fraudulent claims?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by Jagarti, May 14, 2015.

1. Recently, I noticed I have lost a user from my buyers list. Upon referencing my PayPal account, it seems the user claimed they payed but did not recieve the software. This was the first person to buy the plugin, as detailed by my books and the total downloads number exceeds the buyer list size. I probably would've given a refund if asked but instead, I have a blemish on my PayPal account, in a fraudulent light.

Should I fight it? Is there any way to prove the receipt of software?

2. Ahhh, a nasty chargeback?

I would try to fight it if I were you. Provide any receipts and sources to this spigot page in your dispute response. Be sure to mention it was a digital good, and also offer a direct download link to the user if they were unable to download it at the time of purchase. Be as easy going as you can with them. The goal is always to have them cancel their dispute, or win it over.

PayPay does say that disputes filed against intangible goods (downloads) technically are not disputable, and should almost always be in the sellers favor, for as long as you can prove the file was offered after purchase, or where it was purchased is reputable (like spigot).

Best of luck! And if you lose, it's not the end of the world, we get disputes all the time. It's something to expect when you deal with a lot of transactions from various players. lol

3. Shoot @md_5 an email/pm, and I'm sure the user will get what is coming to him. Not only that, you should fight it as long as you can afford chargeback fees.