Do you care?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by MichaelSteffan, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Do you guys care about your server or are you just in it for the money.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. I care :)
    The amount of effort I put in daily is more than than that of what anyone could pay me to do.

Minecraft servers are way more effort than what most people expect

100$ Per month / (average hours per week: 50 * 4weeks in a month) =
    $0.50 an hour

#2 Samistine, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Money gets me bitches, so money.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Good luck getting money because of Verr.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. LOL

6. But you need to calculate that Most people have fun playing pc and hosting a server. In the most jobs that don'r require you to be an adults and you studying at a university it is just boring work every one can do with an IQ of 10. So basicly if you are in for fun then it's a nice feature to get money for having fun, being creative and enjoying it.

7. clip

Benefactor

I do it for the vine.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. I do it for the bitches. Plus everyone thinks I am super cool at school because I own a Minecraft server. They're like, "Wow, you're super cool and awesome because you own a Minecraft server." Then I am like, "Yeah, I know. All the kool kids play Minecraft."

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. When you try to be funny . . . xD

jk <3

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. I am funny, maybe just to myself though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. same.

12. Mikgreg

Supporter

Most definitely. You can tell when a server has people behind it who care -- and it makes the playing experience that much better. I make sure to go on my server often, even if there's nothing I personally feel like playing. The playerbase of my server means a lot to me, and everything I do for my server takes what they've suggested to me in the past into account :) Money is nice, and people should stop demonising people who enjoy money, but my playerbase definitely come first.

13. latiku

Supporter

If I ran a server, all I would care about is the community and what my players think of the server, and will try becoming #1, idc about donations.

14. I care only about the server coz i put a lot of work into it to make the players happy

15. I find it very fun to host a server. And the best part is, you can boss people around! :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Fact: 93.14% of servers are op-prison where a block of dirt is 96 quintrillion and receives donations somehow and shuts down in 7 days time with a default themed enjin site and ALL made just because the owner couldn't get op anywhere and felt depressed.

This is just a joke, don't be so butthurt if this applies to you and you're upset.

#16 YepImRobbie, Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Umm do you know the difference between a fact and an opinion? I guess you don't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I do it for the money.

wait hang on... I don't have a server :/

19. I definitely care! (At least for my server opening soon!)

I think that at least 50% of the servers out there are just in it for the money, and I hate this. You really can tell when an owner cares. There is a great user base, great playing experience, it's just so much better than the money-based ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Creeoer

Supporter

My logic is that you must have a great server if you get ANY money at all.whether you care about the money it's still a great server if you do get money in the first place.