Domain for minecraft server and website (NEED HELP)

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by olesien, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Do not forget that a redirect can take 1 days to work.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Does that tutorial work even though the website and server are on completely different computers? (and ips) Also should I replace the old ones with those or just add them?

3. Hm okay. One thing though.. How is it that mineplex use Enjin? I mean.. I doubt that they have enjin running on their own server ;p

4. You have an option in Enjin to change the website domain.

5. I'll need a bit more info than that.
    Question:
    Isn't this ONLY for the mc server? I really need to know all of the DNS records as I am pretty terrible with it myself. also the website is using the IP 199.34.228.77 , and the mc server 142.44.142.192 (using 25565 obviously). We would like our sub-domain to be mc.creeate.net ;)

6. Yes, it's for the mc server. You can replace "play" to "mc"
    For the website, i think you have button "create redirection" on your panel.
    If you have this, just click on it, and redirect www.creeate.net to 199.34.228.77

7. Uhm.. Not really? You mean using A records or what?

8. Oh one thing also.. You do realize that these are not on the same machine right?

9. Dude, I've been trying to help you since yesterday ..
    I do not know your host, I asked you to show me a screen of your panel to help you but you do not seem to understand how hard it is to explain this to you knowing that you do not seem to know anything in domain name..

10. First try to create a record A that will point to the address of your site: You can use www.creeate.net

11. Before I had A record Host: @ Points to: Website ip, and a CName for adding WWW, want me to do that again or?

12. Strahan

Benefactor

Yea, that's not going to work. You need to fully qualify a CNAME target. Since you said you have the services on separate machines, it is simple. Just make an A record for Minecraft, call it whatever you want.. play, mc, whatever. That points to the MC IP. Then create an A that points to the web server.

When I do DNS, I typically make service A records and everything else is a CNAME so if I hang multiple subdomain sites off the server and the IP changes I only change it once. Like:

web.domain.com -> A -> web server IP
    game.domain.com -> A -> game server IP

Then I may setup my services like:

www.domain.com -> CNAME -> web.domain.com
    pics.domain.com -> CNAME -> web.domain.com
    data.domain.com -> CNAME -> web.domain.com
    play.domain.com -> CNAME -> game.domain.com
    map.domain.com -> CNAME -> game.domain.com

etc. For the root domain I point it usually to my web server. You cannot have a CNAME at the domain apex, so I just put my web server IP unless I'm running my own mail services on the domain, then I point to that.

Yea, that's fine when the web server and MC server are on the same box but that's not the case here.

#33 Strahan, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Search for DNS Management Tool ( Something like that ).
    Make a new record with the MC name, TTL 300 ( 5 Minutes ), Type A, Value 142.44.142.192
    Make a new record with the WWW name, TTL 300 ( 5 Minutes ), Type A, Value 199.34.228.77.

Note: Don't write the ports in the Value!

Note x2: If the website doesn't works, try Type CNAME for the WWW name record and change Value to your domain ( creeate.net )

You should be able to connect to the Minecraft server using mc.yourdomain.whatever and to your website using www.yourdomain.whatever

P.S. : Your sub-domain will start working after the TTL time has elapsed.

#34 CallMeGhosty, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018