DOS Attacks

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Help' started by BSAERUNNER745, May 4, 2017.

1. Hello,
    I have a bungee network with 5 servers. They are all being hosted on MC Pro Hosting. MCPro has ddos protection on all their servers. I was wondering if I moved my servers to my server room and kept the bungee on MCPro would I need to by DOS or DDOS protection?
    Thanks

2. well the bungee proxy would be protected but if anyone got the backend to your servers they could still hit them off.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Why create a new thread? You asked the exact same question yesterday here...

4. Legoman99573

Supporter

DOS is an attack from 1 machine. DDoS is from multiple machines or IP ranges. Plus if they find your backend, then they can hit you offline asap and will result in bandwidth charges from your ISP.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Buy Server game ovh...

6. I suggest moving away from MC Pro Hosting as soon as possible. They charge to much for what you're getting. I suggest scrolling through some other threads to find a good host for you. I think a good option for you is to get a VPS, maybe from OVH. If you prefer shared/managed hosting I think you will be best of with a host like Anvilnode or Clovux since they are well respected hosts and offer you a much lower price. Of course you could also wait until SkyNode releases ;)

#6 kaasblokje150, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2