Spigot DragonTravel v01.008.02

Travelling in Minecraft with style

1. Do you have additional information to help me reproduce it?
    1. Which version of Spigot/Craftbukkit are you running?
    2. Which version of DragonTravel are you running?
    3. Does it happen in specific situations (and doesn't happen in others)?
    4. How does it happen?
      1. Does the command spawn hundreds of dragons at the same time?
      2. Does it spawn them over tim?
      3. Does it spawn new dragon at each server restart?
      4. Something completely different?
    You could help me by providing creating an issue at https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/dragontravel/issues, answer the questions above and provide me the database file you find under plugins/DragonTravel/statdragons.yml on your server (as an attachment to the issue).

Thanks again for the GitHub issue. I was able to fix the certificate issue after about an hour. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. I had it multiple times.. but now i try to reproduce it myself ;)
    It was with 1.16.1 and v01.007.08.
    It was an old world from pre 1.16 and an existing statdragons.yml

I don't know 'when' all that dragons spawned...
    maybe by serverrestarts, maybe not ;(

Now i removed all dragons and only one is left/spawed after serverrestart...

I try to reproduce it...

3. Please let me know if you manage to reproduce it and help me fix it. I never heard about this bug, so I really want to track it down... ;)

4. I just uploaded DragonTravel v01.007.09 which works with Craftbukkit/Spigot 1.16.2.

As always, the staff's approval of the file might take up to 48 hours.
    The file is not visible and not available for download until then.

Thanks to Sailoriae for doing the update and that way contributing to the project!

5. Pls make the download on spigot.

6. Sorry, I like to keep everything at one place and since I started the project on BukkitDev in 2011, downloads will stay there.
    You can download it from there in the next 48 hours.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I know this is called DragonTravel, but it would be awesome if it was possible to choose what animal to fly with. It love to go traveling by bee :p

8. I guess, I should have added this question to the FAQ in the wiki years ago... ;)
    In theory, this should be possible, but would require a bunch of work. Since my spare time is very limited, I decided to stick with dragons and use the time to maintain the plugin as it is.
    Since the plugin is open source, feel free to use the source code to develop your own "BeeTravel" plugin.... :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ok thx for your anwser :D

10. Hi.
    I just started using DragonTravvel and I think it's really cool!
    We encountered a small bug though: When in flight it's possible to press left shift to unmount. You will be re-mounted again as soon as you stop pressing the shift key, but as long as you hold it you are able to interact with the world where you dropped from the dragon, e. g. placing blocks, ...
    Will you be able to fix that?
    (Btw.: In the description you mentioned to leave bug reports and such in the wiki, but the link to the wiki is broken and in the wiki I found there is no really good place where to put it, so I decided to write it here.)

11. ... and another one. This one doesn't hurt, it's just annoying. On server stop we do get this line:
    Code (Text):
    [01:38:49 ERROR]: Nag author: 'Phiwa' of 'DragonTravel' about the following: This plugin is not properly shutting down its async tasks when it is being shut down. This task may throw errors during the final shutdown logs and might not complete before process dies.
    So maybe you want to fix it, too ;-)

12. Is the possibility to change the mob type planned?
    Would you consider it?

The Enderdragon is not really a good fit for my server. Way too big.
    Something like the phantom or a bee or chicken would be really cool.

#93 Blitzd, Oct 24, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. As @Phiwa already wrote in comment #89, he doesn't have much time to do such a big task. But as the code is open source, feel free to fork it and add the option yourself. You even may do a pull request afterwards to get the change back into DragonTravel ...

14. Sounds like we need to fix that!
    Sorry for the late response, I somehow did not receive mail updates since August...

Wiki link should work, could you try it again? Might have been a certificate issue for a week.
    Bugs should be reported in the issue tracker, I copied the text from BukkitDev where I got the issue tracker linked next to it... ;)

Could you create an issue for that?

15. I will put it on the todo list, could you create an issue for that as well? ;)

16. @Blitzd See post of @verboese

@verboese Thanks for answering!

I'm always open to pull requests for new features! Might be a good idea to propose bigger changes before (e.g. here), so we can check if they are applicable for merging back to DragonTravel (and do not contradict DragonTravel's basic ideas). :)

17. Hi Phiwa...

I found a bug with latest version (1.007.10) and Spigot 1.16.x

You have to add Multiverse-Core to the 'softdepend' plugins!
    Else it may (and will!) happen that stationary dragons can't be loaded because the plugin can't find the world...
    So the plugin will not load at all!
    (InvocationTargetException (NMSHandler line 38)/ NullPointerException (RyeDragon line 58)...
    Looks like this:
    Code (Text):
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/ERROR]: [DragonTravel] Could not find RyeDragon entity.
                      Version 'v1_16_R3' is currently not supported.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at eu.phiwa.dragontravel.core.hooks.server.NMSHandler.getRyeDragon(NMSHandler.java:38)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at eu.phiwa.dragontravel.core.movement.stationary.StationaryDragon.createDragon(StationaryDragon.java:51)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at eu.phiwa.dragontravel.core.movement.stationary.StationaryDragon.<init>(StationaryDragon.java:44)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.bukkit.configuration.serialization.ConfigurationSerialization.deserializeViaCtor(ConfigurationSerialization.java:105)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.bukkit.configuration.serialization.ConfigurationSerialization.deserialize(ConfigurationSerialization.java:143)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.bukkit.configuration.serialization.ConfigurationSerialization.deserializeObject(ConfigurationSerialization.java:207)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConstructor$ConstructCustomObject.construct(YamlConstructor.java:37)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.constructObjectNoCheck(BaseConstructor.java:230)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.constructObject(BaseConstructor.java:219)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.constructMapping2ndStep(BaseConstructor.java:479)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.SafeConstructor.constructMapping2ndStep(SafeConstructor.java:190)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.constructMapping(BaseConstructor.java:460)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.SafeConstructor$ConstructYamlMap.construct(SafeConstructor.java:556)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConstructor$ConstructCustomObject.construct(YamlConstructor.java:28)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.constructObjectNoCheck(BaseConstructor.java:230)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.constructObject(BaseConstructor.java:219)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.constructMapping2ndStep(BaseConstructor.java:479)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.SafeConstructor.constructMapping2ndStep(SafeConstructor.java:190)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.constructMapping(BaseConstructor.java:460)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.SafeConstructor$ConstructYamlMap.construct(SafeConstructor.java:556)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConstructor$ConstructCustomObject.construct(YamlConstructor.java:28)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.constructDocument(BaseConstructor.java:173)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:157)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.loadFromReader(Yaml.java:472)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:398)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadFromString(YamlConfiguration.java:57)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.bukkit.configuration.file.FileConfiguration.load(FileConfiguration.java:160)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.bukkit.configuration.file.FileConfiguration.load(FileConfiguration.java:128)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at eu.phiwa.dragontravel.core.filehandlers.StatDragonsDB.load(StatDragonsDB.java:66)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at eu.phiwa.dragontravel.core.filehandlers.StatDragonsDB.init(StatDragonsDB.java:38)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at eu.phiwa.dragontravel.core.filehandlers.StatDragonsDB.<init>(StatDragonsDB.java:24)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at eu.phiwa.dragontravel.core.DragonTravel.setupFileHandlers(DragonTravel.java:208)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at eu.phiwa.dragontravel.core.DragonTravel.onEnable(DragonTravel.java:138)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:263)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:380)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:483)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_16_R3.CraftServer.enablePlugin(CraftServer.java:501)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_16_R3.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:415)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.loadWorld(MinecraftServer.java:468)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:239)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:940)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.lambda$a$0(MinecraftServer.java:177)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]: Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     at eu.phiwa.dragontravel.nms.v1_16_R3.RyeDragon.<init>(RyeDragon.java:58)
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/WARN]:     ... 53 more
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/ERROR]: ----------------------------------------------------------
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/INFO]: [DragonTravel] Disabling DragonTravel v01.007.10
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/INFO]: [DragonTravel] -----------------------------------------------
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/INFO]: [DragonTravel] Successfully disabled DragonTravel 01.007.10
    [03:32:34] [Server thread/INFO]: [DragonTravel] -----------------------------------------------

18. Thanks for the info!
    I will try and fix that this week as soon as I find some minutes. :)