drop 3rd party world files into my existing server world

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussion' started by doggstar, Jan 19, 2021.

1. I want to drop a very large 3rd party map (the world region files) into my existing world. I want to put this premade map far from already-explored chunks, but the region files provided from the 3rd party are centered at 0,0 ... the area of my existing spawn that's already built up

can i rename the world region and poi files, by shifting the titles by however many megachunk i need to go? Do i need to modify the level.dat file as well?

im sure this has been answered somewhere else but i haven't had much luck googling it, so any help even a link will be appreciated

thanks!

[EDIT -- this cant be done in WE copy/paste i dont think. this map i want to add is 48 megachunks (.mca files)]

#1 doggstar, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  2. Just load the world into the server using Multiverse-Core and use WorldEdit to copy and paste it in the correct world?

3. thank you for your help. this cant be done in WE copy/paste i dont think. this map i want to add is 48 megachunks, Im now including this info to my OP. if you think of anything else please let me know thanks again!

#3 doggstar, Jan 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  4. Strahan

Benefactor

Hmm deja vu lol.

If you want it far from existing areas, then why not just use it as a separate world? That'd be much easier and safer.

• Agree Agree x 1