Dropped Item Lifetime

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by netizen, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been updating my spigot build nearly daily, and I'm currently on build 269.0 and I've noticed that dropped items are either not disappearing or disappearing very slowly. Using /lag to show the number of entities shows that the total number of entities *on startup* last week was around 7k. It has been steadily climbing since and is now currently at 11k and I believe it is killing my server's performance.
    I've been looking for a good way to clear these items out via a plugin, but I have yet to find one that will let me clean up items based on a timeout. People are always on and I dont want to clear all items in case something important just happens to be on the ground when I do it. Does anybody know if there a way to set the lifetime for dropped items?

Thanks,
    Netizen

2. Get clearlagg.

3. I plan to try clearlagg tonight, but correct me if I'm wrong but based off of the description on bukkit.org it looks like it won't let me discriminate based on the lifetime of the item. Which could be problematic.

4. Well that's kinda impossible, you would need entity data then which will cause lag.

5. I assume some kind of sweeper must exist inside spigot and that the lifetime for items could be configurable. I guess I'll just go dig through the code unless someone knows better. =P I'll try clearlagg as a last resort, probably on server startup.

It looks like there isnt a command for clearlagg which clears all entities serverwide? I'd also like to only clear dropped items, not peoples' passive mob herds =P
    #blockworldproblems.

Thanks for the help.

6. md_5

Administrator Developer

Moved to performance tweaking since its general discussion about performance tweaking plugins.

7. In the config for clearlagg you can configure many things like if u want auto clearing and how often.by default it onlyclears dropped items, not mobs. There also are commands to clear serverwide. The one u would need would be /lagg clear. Also you can config warntimes to let ppl know that their stuff will soon be cleared if its on the ground. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  8. It does! Thank you very much.

9. Glad i could help ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.