Spigot DuckChat 1.12

Cross server chat made easy.

1. Hi,

im wondering if this plugin is for forge modded servers aswell. Im looking desperately for a plugin which connects the chat between a Cauldron 1.7.10 Server and a Craftbukkit 1.8 Server. Can you tell me if it supports Cauldron?

2. I've not tested with Cauldron, but I'd be very surprised if it didn't not work with it, and will be willing to fix any issues arising.

Regards direct forge support, planned in a future update.

#3 CyberTiger, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  3. Hello again,

It works great yeah but it seems HeroChat is completly ignored by now. Means i cannot change to my existing local chat. Is there a way to make HeroChat working or do I need to use DuckChat now. And yeah, can DuckChat create local channels? Like a chat only players on one server can view that chat?

4. The plugin won't play nice with a lot of other chat related plugins, and it's rather hard to make it do so.

You can create local channels, however they can be joined from other servers if players have the required permissions.

There's an example in the default config which is commented out:

Code (Text):

# Uncomment and rename this for a locally owned channel
    #        local:
    #                owned: true
    #                localAutoJoin: true
    #                globalAutoJoin: false
    #                permission: some.permission

Owned is a flag which means set the channel as owned by the server which creates it. If you want to prevent people from joining the channel on other servers, set the permission to something which is only granted to players on that server, otherwise people on other servers can /join <channel> to join the channel.

Also if you want the local channel to be the default modify the following:

Code (Text):

defaultChannel: local

5. What i want to do is: Each server should have their own Mainchat, RP chat, NSFW chat, Donator chat and Staff chat. I dont want people from Server A in Server B's Local channels. There should be only 1 global channel between those servers. I hope they can toggle global on/off.

EDIT: I think it is working now.

#6 ZPink, Feb 23, 2015
  6. This is my Config: http://pastebin.com/6sMsbEZf

At the moment, i cant chat It says "This channel is invalid"

How can I fix that?

EDIT: fixed :D had to set the local channel default

#7 ZPink, Feb 23, 2015
  7. Well after some tests, I found out that the plugins acts sometimes like intended and sometimes dont. Sometimes it wont autoconnect to the default channel and sometimes it does.Also the console-chat acts like the issue i pointed out, sometimes it works and sometimes not (i cannot see chat from my console). It is connected to both servers and yeah i have nothing else to report and after all it is IMO the best leightweight plugin for connecting servers chat. BungeeCord is too complicated for my situation (Forge Server AND different MC versions). So i recommend using DuckChat if you want to connect a 1.7.10 Cauldron Server with a 1.8 Craftbukkit Server. And yeah thank you CyberTiger for the support and the plugin. I love it :D

8. Console is treated like a player for most purposes, it'll default to chatting on whatever channel you have set as the default channel, and it should join any locally owned channels with localAutoJoin: true, and will join any channels with globalAutoJoin: true.

Like players, console can also /part and /join channels, and use /channel to change whatever channel /dc say <msg> goes to.

I have to admit the local channels might have some bugs, it was a feature I implemented but never really tested fully (we don't use it on our server).

9. So you say that a global chat has no issues at all? So I will not have any problems if I make all local channels global available?

10. I've not had any issues with global channels in the past N months of testing on a live server. I'm not saying there's no issues at all, just I don't know of any.

11. Hey i have a question: Can you add /ignore? It seems Essentials's /ignore is not working properly. I think it cant hook into duckchat.

12. There's no /ignore function yet, sorry.

13. Hey Cyber! i want to thank you for the recommendation of this plugin! so fo so good. But im stuck i want players to be able to use /g for global chat and i see the shortcut part in the config but i so dont get it! how is this configured and how is this used ingame?

14. Change this in the config:

Code (Text):

shortcuts:
      '! ': global

to

Code (Text):

shortcuts:
      '/g ': global

15. Thanks for the prompt response. I have one more question and i think i should be good.

What is the correct why to link multiple servers? i have a bungeecord setup on the same dedi. Bungee + Server1 + Server2.
    I would like each server to default to the "servers channel" and have the option to join Global.

16. On each server add a channel with a unique name something like the following (example for a survival server)
    Code (Text):

survival:
                    owned: true
                    localAutoJoin: true
                    globalAutoJoin: false
                    messageFormat: '[%1$s %6$s] %8$s'
                    actionFormat: '[%1$s] %6$s %8$s'
                    permission: channel.survival

This creates a channel 'owned' by that server, set so local players automatically join it when they login (make sure they have the channel's permission if you set one, otherwise they won't be able to join the channel). You also need to set the defaultChannel:
    Code (Text):

defaultChannel: survival

On each other server configure a local channel with a different name, and set the defaultChannel to that channel.

Note: the channel is not truly local, staff on other servers can still /join it if they have the permissions to do so.

17. Ok i think im getting it.

I started up the second server and i got

Code (Text):

[14:36:07 WARN]: JGRP000015: the send buffer of socket DatagramSocket was set to 5MB, but the OS only allocated 212.99KB. This might lead to performance problems. Please set your max send buffer in the OS correctly (e.g. net.core.wmem_max on Linux)
    [14:36:07 WARN]: JGRP000015: the receive buffer of socket DatagramSocket was set to 5MB, but the OS only allocated 212.99KB. This might lead to performance problems. Please set your max receive buffer in the OS correctly (e.g. net.core.rmem_max on Linux)
    [14:36:07 WARN]: JGRP000015: the send buffer of socket MulticastSocket was set to 5MB, but the OS only allocated 212.99KB. This might lead to performance problems. Please set your max send buffer in the OS correctly (e.g. net.core.wmem_max on Linux)
    [14:36:07 WARN]: JGRP000015: the receive buffer of socket MulticastSocket was set to 5MB, but the OS only allocated 212.99KB. This might lead to performance problems. Please set your max receive buffer in the OS correctly (e.g. net.core.rmem_max on Linux)
    [14:36:07 INFO]:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    GMS: address=Unknown Server, cluster=duckchat, physical address=127.0.0.1:52293

18. The plugin uses a messaging library which is mostly aimed at really high end cluster applications, these are just warnings from that library about the maximum size of some system buffers, you can change these settings if you want (they go in /etc/sysctl.conf), but it's not needed.