Dynamic Server Banner

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Outlaw11A, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Outlaw11A

Supporter

Hey all!

I have decided to share something I created in a couple of hours with the rest of the Spigot Community.

[​IMG]
    This is a Dynamic Server banner creator page. Whilst it may look like the Multiplayer server list page in Minecraft, it isn't! It is located at: http://legendcraft.co/banner/
    All you need to do is to place the IP that you want to ping at the end of the URL, after the = and it will make a nice little banner that looks like it came straight out of Minecraft! (Example: http://legendcraft.co/banner/?ip=pvp.legendcraft.co~title=&4Example! )​
    Here are some other examples:​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And of course, if the server is down or unreachable, this is displayed!​
    [​IMG]
    Currently, &m (magic) and &l (bold) are disabled. It will also discard anything after 50 characters (including the formatting codes) to ensure that it looks nice.​
    I hope you all like it, feel free to give me ideas/comments/feedback about it. I will be improving over time, so it will get better.​
    At this stage, I am unsure of how to make it output to a .png file, at the moment it is just a web page. If anyone knows how to do this, feel free to tell me!​

#1 Outlaw11A, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
    • Like Like x 13
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. It doesn't support ports, which would be good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Outlaw11A

Supporter

Thanks for that. I shall get that working.

• Like Like x 1
  4. You should add a way to customize the "Minecraft Server" title.

5. Unnatural

Supporter

This looks pretty cool.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Outlaw11A

Supporter

• Like Like x 1
  7. Not possible without source code.

8. Outlaw11A

Supporter

I have worked it out, using PHP's image functions. Its gonna be a complete re-write :(

9. Will you make it open source when it's done? Anyways looks awesome! :)

10. Outlaw11A

Supporter

Not sure if I will make it open source when it is done, but I will make it available for people to make their own banners for their servers.

11. Outlaw11A

Supporter

Ok update #2

I have completely re-written how it works so that it now prints out the banner as a PNG image! Not a useless HTML page! It is now totally different... So ignore everything above!

Here is an example of one:

[​IMG]
    URL: http://legendcraft.co/banner/image.php?ip=us.shotbow.com&port=25565&title=The Shotbow Network
    Currently it doesn't support colors at all :( But I will be working hard to make them happen!​
    I will also be making a nice Banner creation page for server owners to make their own banners.​
    Please let me know what you think!​

12. Snaazy!

13. Outlaw11A

Supporter

Thanks! Will look even better with colors. Supports ports as well.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Just tried the banner. It works very well, good job.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Outlaw11A

Supporter

Awesome!

16. It doesn't like my extended motd :p

[​IMG]

17. :D

I prefer mine though as I can customize it to my liking.

18. Outlaw11A

Supporter

Update #3!

This one is a big one! (not as big as the last one)

I have made a nice banner generator page here: http://legendcraft.co/banner/ complete with examples page.

I have also added the ability to change the color of the MOTD by using the &color= tag at the end of the URL. All of this can be used on the generator page. It supports all of the Minecraft colors.

I have also fixed up a large amount of bugs that existed in the code, so it is relatively bug free. If there are any, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Peace!

19. Damn it. Now everybody is going to have these.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Wazez

Patron

This is AWESOME

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.