Bukkit Dynmap v2.6-beta-1

Dynamic 'Google Maps' style web maps for your Spigot/Bukkit server

1. @takatalvi Mojang has shutdown the legacy skins server. Good luck finding one based on names^^ I know there's Cravatar, Minotar or more but I can't tell if the webmasters have it updated^^ My skin API is working as normal (had to make a name->uuid->skin) thing^^ x)

2. Well, that sucks a number of dicks.. I checked the skin server status and it was green, it wouldn't occur to me they changed it.. I'll have to work something out, thanks!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. It broke alot of skin based websites, programs which uses that legacy skin server... Had to stop using MCSkin3D *cries*

and yes it shows green, but they ignore the legacy skin server, by checking here https://status.mojang.com/check it shows as red :(

4. yup, same problem here, been trying to find the solution. xD that is the only way to get the skin but yea.. still havent gotten one.

5. My Skin API is updated for this change but the code inside is messy (username>uuid>texture value>decode base64>load as png) then goes in Minotar Legacy PHP code^^ But its not on a CDN atm.

Is Minotar/Cravatar etc fixed yet?

6. Minotar works, but only partly. I tried linking the plugin to minotar, it worked.. Well, in some cases. I noticed that minotar lacks a LOT of skins. It would successfully open a player's skin, although most of them were Steve. For some player names, there was an actual skin, so it displayed correctly on my dynmap.

I went on a rant on my server about it, and one of the players suggested that he could make an API to which I could link. In 15 minutes, it worked. We now have working skins on dynmap. If you like, I can ask him for permission to share the link. It's from his own systems, so I don't want to share it without his knowledge.

7. That would be great thanks, well if he makes it public, but i was wondering if Namemc also has a database for skins/faces

8. Namemc apparently has a database, however, using the playername in the url, you can only get to the profile page, not to the sking png. The API my player made is just a translator of names into uuids - the playername is in the url, and the app just fetches the png from a DB. Not sure which one, exactly, will have to ask.

9. So here it is, the direct link that you can use in the Dynmap config, search for "skin-url". Courtesy of @TheGameSpider who wrote and hosts the API.
    It should look like this:
    Code (Text):
    skin-url: "http://tgstools.esy.es/skin.php?name=%player%"

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Is there a way to limit which worlds DynMap renders? There are certain worlds I don't necessarily want people to see.

Thank you to anyone with a suggestion.

11. You can set it in the "worlds.yml" config file. Find the world you want to turn off, under it you will see a line with "enabled" set to true. Set it to false, reload dynmap, and it's gone.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Thank you for the response.

I do not have a worlds.yml, but I do have a worlds.txt. However, I already looked in this file, and there are no worlds listed. It's also all commented out, which is kind of odd...

Code (Text):
    # These are examples of world-specific settings - customize your content as you see fit
    #
    # NOTES:
    #   All lines here are commented with the # symbol - delete the # symbol on copied lines you wish to enable
    #   Definitions of a world made here will superecede any world definition with the same name in configuration.txt
    #   Deleting this file will result in a fresh copy being produced by dynmap.jar on the next startup.
    #
    worlds:
      # Worlds can be handled by templates, based on world type
      # You can override the properties of the template by specifying them in this section
      #    for example 'Title: "My Awesome World"'
      #- name: world
      #  title: "World"
      #   Use 'enabled: false' to disable a certain world.
      #  enabled: false
      #   Use sendposition: false to prevent player positions from showing when on this world (if sendposition is globally enabled)
      #  sendposition: false
      #   Use sendhealth: false ot prevent player health from showing when on this world (if sendhealth is globally enabled)
      #  sendhealth: false
      #  # If world isn't contiguous chunks (due to teleporting, for example), fullrender needs to be given other locations to scan for tiles on each patch of chunks
      #  fullrenderlocations:
      #    - x: 10000
      #      y: 64
      #      z: 20000
      #    - x: -15000
      #      y: 64
      #      z: -5000
      #  # Use visibilitylimits to restrict which areas of maps on your world to render (zero or more shapes can be defined)
      #  # For a rectangle, the area is defined by x0, z0 to x1, z1
      #  # For a circle, the area is defined by a center at x,z with a radius 'r'
      #  visibilitylimits:
      #    - x0: -1000
      #      z0: -1000
      #      x1: 1000
      #      z1: 1000
      #    - x: -2000
      #      z: -1000
      #      r: 200
      #  # Use hiddenlimits to specifically hide portions of your world (the opposite of visibilitylimits)
      #  # For a rectangle, the area is defined by x0, z0 to x1, z1
      #  # For a circle, the area is defined by a center at x,z with a radius 'r'
      #  hiddenlimits:
      #    - x0: 100
      #      z0: 0
      #      x1: 200
      #      z1: 0
      #    - x: -2000
      #      z: -1000
      #      r: 200
      #  # Use hidestyle to control how hidden-but-existing chunks are to be rendered (air=empty air (same as ungenerated), stone=a flat stone plain, ocean=a flat ocean)
      #  hidestyle: stone
      #   Use 'template: mycustomtemplate' to use the properties specified in the template 'mycustomtemplate' to this world. Default it is set to the environment-name (normal or nether).
      #  template: mycustomtemplate
      #   Rest of comes from template - uncomment to tailor for world specifically
      #  # World center - default is spawn point
      #  center:
      #    x: 0
      #    y: 64
      #    z: 0
      #  # If bigworld set to true, use alternate directory layout better suited to large worlds
      #  bigworld: true
      #  # Number of extra zoom-out levels for world (each level is twice as big as the previous one)
      #  extrazoomout: 3
      #  # Default delay on processing of updated tiles, in seconds.  This can reduce potentially expensive re-rendering
      #  # of frequently updated tiles (such as due to machines, pistons, quarries or other automation).  Value can also be set on
      #  # individual maps.
      #  tileupdatedelay: 30
      #  maps:
      #    - class: org.dynmap.hdmap.HDMap
      #      name: flat
      #      title: "Flat"
      #      prefix: flat
      #      perspective: iso_S_90_lowres
      #      shader: stdtexture
      #      lighting: shadows
      #      mapzoomin: 1
      #      name: surface
      #      title: "Surface"
      #      prefix: t
      #      perspective: iso_SE_30_hires
      #      lighting: shadows
      #      name: cave
      #      title: "Cave"
      #      prefix: ct
      #      perspective: iso_SE_60_lowres
      #      shader: cave
      #      lighting: default
      #      mapzoomin: 3
      #
      # To just label world, and inherit rest from template, just provide name and title
      #- name: world2
      #  title: "Second World"
      #
      #- name: nether
      #  title: "Nether"
      #  center:
      #    x: 0
      #    y: 64
      #    z: 0
      #  # Number of extra zoom-out levels for world (each level is twice as big as the previous one)
      #  extrazoomout: 3
      #  maps:
      #      name: flat
      #      title: "Flat"
      #      prefix: flat
      #      perspective: iso_S_90_lowres
      #      lighting: nethershadows
      #      # Map background color (day or night)
      #      background: "#300806"
      #      name: nether
      #      title: "Surface"
      #      prefix: nt
      #      perspective: iso_SE_30_hires
      #      lighting: nethershadows
      #      # Map background color (day or night)
      #      background: "#300806"

I just re-downloaded and checked, this is the default file, so it is not something I messed up (I don't think).

13. You're right, that is the file I meant. Only I didn't realize that's what it looks like by default. By default, dynmap renders and displays all worlds that are loaded on your server. It can be a bit tricky to set render properties for a world, but it's easy to disable one.

You can either use the commented lines, or just add your own. A quick fix for your original issue - let's say you want to remove the End world from your dynmap. You just explicitly add a world name that you have, and set enabled to false:

Code (Text):
    #
    # NOTES:
    #   All lines here are commented with the # symbol - delete the # symbol on copied lines you wish to enable
    #   Definitions of a world made here will superecede any world definition with the same name in configuration.txt
    #   Deleting this file will result in a fresh copy being produced by dynmap.jar on the next startup.
    #
    worlds:
       - name: world_the_end
         enabled: false
      # Worlds can be handled by templates, based on world type
      # You can override the properties of the template by specifying them in this section
      #    for example 'Title: "My Awesome World"'
      #- name: world
      #  title: "World"
      #   Use 'enabled: false' to disable a certain world.
      #  enabled: false
      #.......

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Thank you very much, I really appreciate it!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hello good day,

I have a problem with this plugin.
    I wanted to delete the Dynmap.map but after I have done that, the hosting server gets frozen and keeps loading.

Now I have asked the host company several times to recover my server, but the folder remains in it and I can not get it deleted.

Could you please help me out here?

Sincerely,

Kingston1994

16. Hello my friends, for last few days, our server is experiencing a huge amount of server lags, connectivity issues etc. (it started to occur at monday, tuesday). The TPS are constantly about 12 - 18.9 (never above 19). The problem is that we know, that nothing has changed on our server for this last days (before monday the TPS were usually about 19.85 - 19.99TPS with the same amount of plugins and performance)

Standard timings - https://timings.aikar.co/?id=f85275c4e7a04b76be98d4381f335a92

It lookls like, that it is connected somehow with dynmap, even if there is not connection in timings. After disabling dynmap we have this timings:

https://timings.aikar.co/?id=d7ec9ae572584b1fac1f75827ceb1df0

We had tried to upload the newest dynmap2.6snapshot but it didnt worked. Any suggestions?

17. I've had trouble with the lag caused by DynMap as well. :(
    My solution isn't perfect, but I've removed less used worlds, increased the time in between loading chunks (including the accelerated rate), and the accelerated rate's necessary chunks (How many chunks need to be queued before it reaches the accelerated rate)

I hope that that helps, and that you can also find a better solution than I have.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Hello, maybe the web service of dynmap is causing a high CPU usage? Did you checked that with htop or some other tool?

Timings looks good, so maybe there is something lagging your complete system?

• Informative Informative x 1