Spigot Dynmap v3.2.1

Dynamic 'Google Maps' style web maps for your Spigot/Bukkit server

1. Is it possible to set a default zoom in? My map isn't very large so there is a lot of empty black space around the map when you initially go to the web page. Is it possible to default the map to a certain zoom in level?

2. hi, i have played on servers with beautiful dynmaps. They map i looking 3d and the textures are nice. The dynmap on my server is looking bad against. The textures aren´t that nice and the map looks flat. Whats the magic config-setting for a good looking dynmap? Are the hardware requirements a lot of higher for such nice maps?

3. Hi, I need a bit of setup help. I have used dynmap for years, but I can't figure this out.

I have a main world on the dynmap, I would like to set a map that shows a zoom in for that world as a flat map. The goal is to have the regular map show as normal but then also have a flat map with a much smaller area shown (meaning it should only show a square of a couple hundred blocks.) I tried playing with visibility limits, but it can only load one version of the main world map at one time.

Any help is appreciated.

4. How to display a text on dynmap?

please help me

5. I've set trustclient and allowurlname to true and still not working in 2.5
    example.com/dynmap/?cahtname=Larry

Code (Text):
    class: org.dynmap.InternalClientUpdateComponent
    allowwebchat: true
    webchat-interval: 5
    hidewebchatip: true
    trustclientname: true

class: org.dynmap.ClientComponent
    type: chat
    allowurlname: true
    what I doing wrong or this is an issue?
    I want do joomla pass trough the authenticated username to dynmap into an ifarme, but the dircet link doesn't work already...

6. No matter what I try to do, my Nether world renders as extremely dark. Is there any way to use the "normal' lighting for it? It doesn't have a ceiling - I use OpenTerrainGenerator.

[​IMG]

It's currently set to "nethershadows," but changing that doesn't seem to have any real effect.

Code (Text):

-   name: prosperus_nether
        title: The Nether
        enabled: true
        extrazoomout: 1
        maps:
        -   class: org.dynmap.hdmap.HDMap
            name: Overview
            title: Overview
            icon: images/block_nether.png
            prefix: nt
            perspective: iso_SE_30_vlowres
            shader: custompainterly
            lighting: nethershadows
            image-format: default
            mapzoomin: 0
            mapzoomout: 2
            boostzoom: 0
            append_to_world: ''
            protected: false
        protected: false
        center:
            x: 0.0
            y: 70.0
            z: 0.0
        sendposition: true
        sendhealth: false
        visibilitylimits: [
            ]
        hiddenlimits: [
            ]
        hidestyle: stone

7. If i don´t wan´t to use to much server-upload-bandwith, can i do a highres-fullrender and upload the static dynmap on a server? How can i open the rendered static dynamp without running the spigot-server?

8. https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/wiki/Configuration-of-worlds
    So i was Looking around and found this, you can set a world maxhight size i just don't know how to use this...
    So @Wahrheit this this might help with the Nether a little? I'm asking you because I'm also trying to fix this same problem.
    I don't use Epic World Generator. but i did make my own map and it goes beyond the 127 mark (over bedrock)
    Also...
    Code (YAML):
       maps:
          - class
    : org.dynmap.hdmap.HDMap
            name
    : flat
            title
    : "Flat"
            prefix
    : flat
            perspective
    : iso_S_90_lowres
            shader
    : stdtexture
            lighting
    : default
            # Map background color (day or night)
            background
    : "#300806"
            mapzoomin
    : 3
            maximumheight
    : 256
          - class
    : org.dynmap.hdmap.HDMap
            name
    : nether
            title
    : "Surface"
            prefix
    : nt
            perspective
    : iso_SE_30_hires
            shader
    : stdtexture
            lighting
    : default
            # Map background color (day or night)
            background
    : "#300806"
            mapzoomin
    : 1
            maximumheight
    : 256

1:
    Command: /dynmap purgeworld <world> (to remove the world)
    I believe this command removes the world. So it's easier to upload to the server without having to Recreate the Configurations.
    then after you upload just the Configuration files. you should render the map.
    also...
    This (Code Below) should only show some visible parts (let's say you just want spawn to show).
    Code (Text):
    worlds:
      # Worlds can be handled by templates, based on world type
      # You can override the properties of the template by specifying them in this section
      #    for example 'Title: "My Awesome World"'
      - name: World
        title: "Overworld"
        hidestyle: air
        visibilitylimits:
          - x0: -768
            z0: -768
            x1: 767
            z1: 767
        fullrenderlocations:
          - x: 0
            y: 64
            z: 0
        center:
          x: 0
          y: 64
          z: 0
    And this code (code below)
    just Hides the World name from being visible on the Website.
    Code (Text):
      - name: flat
        enabled: false
    These both go inside the worlds.txt file (inside dynmap folder).

Hopefully this helps out.

9. Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to somehow make dynmap permission based in the way, that even though I pre-rendered the whole map players can only see parts of the map that were discovered by people with a certain permission. The only problem I see is that either you'd have to save everything twice in different folders or you'd have to check every tile for permission.
    So my question is, would this be even possible and would this be even worth it resource-wise? :unsure:
    ~ Zoe

10. Hello. :) How I can define the option to show a player-colour or a player-rang prefix in the dynmap-player list?

11. Quick answer would be no.
    The map preview is handled web side, you can only block certain permissions that the plugin itself send to the map, like player locations. But blocking parts of the map, not possible without extreme recoding, and resource hogging.

I'm not sure that you can. I might be wrong though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mikeprimm

mikeprimm Retired Developer
    Retired

mikeprimm updated Dynmap with a new update entry:

Dynmap v2.6-beta-1

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. Hello Mike,

Thank you for keeping dynmap updated througout these years. It is amazing to have this real time map plugin on my server.

I have only one question.
    Since the 2.6-beta-1 is the last released version on spigot. What is the dynmap 3.0 version on your site, which also received an update at almost the same date? Is there a difference?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hey Mike,

Thanks as well, I've enjoyed keeping this updated and available to players both outside and inside the home. Along with the same question as above (I'm actually using 3.0) do we need to also update our renders to apply fixes to night mode?

Thanks.

15. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Where does one find 3.0?

16. http://dynmap.us/builds/dynmap/
    He actually originally released it as a snapshot ages ago when Mojang first broke the skins, so this return to 2.6 has been a little confusing.

17. Running Spigot 1.13
    Im sure your probably working on this already, but just in case.
    Let me know if theres a better place to post parts of the log.
    Doesnt matter what command is issued. Gives the same error.
    Also the web map fails to load with the build in server with ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

[19:19:08] [Server thread/INFO]: ******* issued server command: /dynmap fullrender
    [19:19:08] [Server thread/ERROR]: null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'dynmap' in plugin dynmap v2.6-beta-1-Dev201807082003
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:46) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-0b44fa0-1ef1ffd]
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:141) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-0b44fa0-1ef1ffd]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R1.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:693) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-0b44fa0-1ef1ffd]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.PlayerConnection.handleCommand(PlayerConnection.java:1634) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-0b44fa0-1ef1ffd]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:1469) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-0b44fa0-1ef1ffd]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.PacketPlayInChat.a(PacketPlayInChat.java:45) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-0b44fa0-1ef1ffd]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.PacketPlayInChat.a(PacketPlayInChat.java:1) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-0b44fa0-1ef1ffd]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.PlayerConnectionUtils.a(SourceFile:10) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-0b44fa0-1ef1ffd]
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:1.8.0_181]
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_181]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.SystemUtils.a(SourceFile:198) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-0b44fa0-1ef1ffd]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:884) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-0b44fa0-1ef1ffd]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.DedicatedServer.w(DedicatedServer.java:411) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-0b44fa0-1ef1ffd]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.MinecraftServer.v(MinecraftServer.java:819) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-0b44fa0-1ef1ffd]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:717) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-0b44fa0-1ef1ffd]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_181]
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.dynmap.bukkit.DynmapPlugin$BukkitPlayer.<init>(DynmapPlugin.java:573) ~[?:?]
    at org.dynmap.bukkit.DynmapPlugin.onCommand(DynmapPlugin.java:947) ~[?:?]
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:44) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-0b44fa0-1ef1ffd]
    ... 15 more

18. Hi!

You should post your issues on the GitHub JIRA issue tracker.

Link: https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/issues

19. Please, is there any way that only the player himself can see himself but not the others? Is there any way that you see only the same but not the others? I've only managed to see all or none, is there any way? thanks people xD

20. mikeprimm

mikeprimm Retired Developer
    Retired

A note to folks asking about 1.13 support: I've started the work to get 1.13 supported on Spigot (Forge support will start once I'm seeing some Forge builds for 1.13). This is not going to be a fast version to fully support - dynmap is VERY exposed to the internal structure and identity scheme for blocks, so the change from Anvil format, and particularly the new block data ID scheme for 1.13 is a big impact to how block rendering is processed - changing things that, frankly, have never changed since beta days (the change TO anvil format was actually smaller). I may be able to get a poorly performing prototype out in the next few days, but it will DEFINITELY NOT be a production level release - my initial prototype 'works', but is easily 10x slower than normal: there may be some room to improve that, but proper and performant support is going to be a much deeper set of changes.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1