Spigot eBackup - Simple and reliable backups for your server! Supports FTP/SFTP! 1.2.0

The easiest and simplest way to backup your server reliably! Free, and supports FTP+SFTP!

1. Hmm... might be a bug with that specific 1.8 version
    Try going into plugins/bStats and disabling it (statistics seems to be causing this)

2. I have disabled bStats but the error is still there

3. This works thank you

4. Hey ! Great plugin !
    Could you add a feature to only backup plugins folder with a command like /ebackup plugins ??

Thanks

5. I don't really want to expand the scope of the plugin, but feel free to fork the code and add it if you want.

6. Hello, cool plugin but I am having trouble getting the file to transfer to the ftp directory I want to transfer it to. Maybe I formatted the path incorrectly in the config? So if you could help me out with this that would be nice and also how exactly should the path for ftp be formatted?

7. Just another thing, you said to use cron for automatic and scheduled backups but all the crons I saw only went up to 1.14

8. Try using a direct path, not a relative path (start from /)

9. I'm not sure what you are talking about... Cron just refers to the format of the first config option in the config...

10. EspiDev updated eBackup - Simple and reliable backups for your server! Supports FTP/SFTP! with a new update entry:

1.2.0 - Add support for compression levels, backup process locks, and fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. Fenrizzle

Supporter

Great plugin! I was wondering if you're open to adding a config option to specify a date format / mask to be used for the value that replaces {DATE} in the filename config? If so, would you be open to accepting a pull request which adds it?

12. I'd be open to a PR yeah!

I'd recommend using some format that's built into the standard libraries, like https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/time/format/DateTimeFormatter.html

13. what do I have to enter so that a backup is made every 5 hours?

14. Hello EspiDev,

I love your plugin, especially since it's super simple and does only exactly what it should.

I'm having a couple of issues with changing my backup location. First, I tried to create a symbolic link using ln -s /mnt/sdc1/backups /mnt/sdb1/minecraft/plugins/eBackup/backups. The location can be accessed without sudo and is chowned as the same user and is chmodded correctly. I receive this error:

Code (Text):

[10:14:07] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 5/INFO]: [eBackup] Starting backup...
    [10:14:07] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 5/WARN]: java.lang.NullPointerException
    [10:14:07] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 5/WARN]:     at dev.espi.ebackup.BackupUtil.checkMaxBackups(BackupUtil.java:43)
    [10:14:07] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 5/WARN]:     at dev.espi.ebackup.BackupUtil.doBackup(BackupUtil.java:81)
    [10:14:07] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 5/WARN]:     at dev.espi.ebackup.eBackup.lambda$onCommand$1(eBackup.java:150)
    [10:14:07] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 5/WARN]:     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_15_R1.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:81)
    [10:14:07] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 5/WARN]:     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_15_R1.scheduler.CraftAsyncTask.run(CraftAsyncTask.java:54)
    [10:14:07] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 5/WARN]:     at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    [10:14:07] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 5/WARN]:     at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    [10:14:07] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 5/WARN]:     at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    [10:14:07] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 5/INFO]: [eBackup] Backup complete!

Then, so I tried something else, which is changing the config.yml's backup path from backup-path: 'plugins/eBackup/backups' to backup-path: '/mnt/sdc1/backups'. Which gives me exactly the same kind of error:

Code (Text):

[10:43:23] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 5/INFO]: [eBackup] Starting backup...
    [10:43:23] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 5/WARN]: java.lang.NullPointerException
    [10:43:23] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 5/WARN]:   at dev.espi.ebackup.BackupUtil.checkMaxBackups(BackupUtil.java:43)
    [10:43:23] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 5/WARN]:   at dev.espi.ebackup.BackupUtil.doBackup(BackupUtil.java:81)
    [10:43:23] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 5/WARN]:   at dev.espi.ebackup.eBackup.lambda$onCommand$1(eBackup.java:150)
    [10:43:23] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 5/WARN]:   at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_15_R1.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:81)
    [10:43:23] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 5/WARN]:   at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_15_R1.scheduler.CraftAsyncTask.run(CraftAsyncTask.java:54)
    [10:43:23] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 5/WARN]:   at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    [10:43:23] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 5/WARN]:   at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    [10:43:23] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 5/WARN]:   at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    [10:43:23] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 5/INFO]: [eBackup] Backup complete!

Would you have an idea what I'm doing wrong?
    I'm running Spigot 1.15.2 using plugin version 1.1.4 (the update before compression levels). This runs on the itzg/minecraft-server:java11 docker image.

Edit: I just realized what I did wrong as soon as I typed docker. (I didn't bind the volume in the container.)

#136 Halogod35, Jul 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. * * */5 * * *

16. Hello sir, I would like to ask if is it possible to have MEGA.NZ or GOOGLE DRIVE FTP server? and also does the plugin support it? If yes;
    - How?
    - Is there a tutorial link for it?
    - Have discord support?

17. it does not, sorry