Eclipse keeps getting error when building workspace

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Zeryther, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Zeryther

Supporter

EDIT: It took me a while to get the hang of it, but I switched to IntelliJ IDEA now. If anybody has the same problem, I can only recommend switching aswell.

So like an hour ago eclipse started giving me these random errors, stating it's unable to build my workspace.

[​IMG]

Eclipse won't compile the project anymore, unable to show me further mistakes in my code. I can't work when the popup keeps returning all the time. I've been trying to lookup something like that on google, unable to find something that could help me.

I've attached the log file eclipse gives me below. Hopefully some of you know what to do.

(I've used my own web server, as the file is too big for Spigot or hastebin)
    https://wrathofdungeons.com/eclipse-error.txt

#1 Zeryther, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  2. You had probably used an unstable plugin of Eclipse, like there're multiples.
    I know that I'll say won't really help to fix this problem.
    But Eclipse contains a lot of bugs, is slow and not very powerful. I won't debate, but I think you should try Intellij IDEA, which is faster, more beautiful and powerful, and contains only a few bugs, if we aren't lucky to see these. The Community version (that I use) is complete, free and easy to take in hand.

3. Proof to back that up m8? If you say it's dark/black your racist

Jk but I do want you to show a reason :p

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Zeryther

Supporter

Yes I already know about that. I tried using IntelliJ around January but I didn't quite get the hang of it. Plus, switching to a new IDE would be a pretty time consuming process as I'd have to learn about the new interface and how everything works. I'll probably try again at some point in the future, but for now I think it's better if I stay with Eclipse.

5. Just do it, don't procrastinate m9

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Like Like x 1