Solved Eclipse not working!

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Leftdark, Jun 11, 2017.

  1. Hello everyone,
    so I've been developing plugins for 2 months now, with Eclipse, and I had no problems at all until now.
    When I start it up it says this:

    View attachment 248317

    And when I look in the log it says this: https://pastebin.com/GehcujsV
    It all just happened randomly.
    But if anyone could help, that would be awesome.
     
    #1 Leftdark, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2017
  2. Looks like a corrupt workspace maybe? Try updating your Eclipse and temporarily rename the .metadata folder in your workspace and see if that makes a difference.
     
  3. One problem, how do I update Eclipse?

    Okay renaming the .metadata folder worked, but now all my projects are gone, and I get this message :
    Unable to read repository at http://download.eclipse.org/releases/neon.
    An error occurred while downloading http://download.eclipse.org/technology/epp/packages/neon/content.xml.xz. The cache file C:\Users\Gebruiker\.p2\org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository\cache\downloading\2079680757 could not be renamed to C:\Users\Gebruiker\.p2\org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository\cache\2079680757.
     
    #3 Leftdark, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2017
  4. Just download Eclipse again from their website and install it elsewhere.

    About the projects, you can just create a new project with the same name (yes, case sensitive) and they will automatically load. It might be that you do have to add your Spigot.jar to the build path again.
     
    #4 sander2798, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2017
  5. Thanks, :D it works now! but I see that some of the code has changed from getConfig().get("example.1") to getConfig().get(new StringBuilder("example.").append("1")), and I have ALOT of warnings now, and I didn't have those warnings before, but still thank you ;D
     
  6. Oh that is really weird, I have no idea what could cause that. Sounds more like your code was compiled and decompiled again by itself haha :p
     
  7. Lol, I forgot that that project was corrupted, and I decompiled a old version of my plugin, so it's not eclipse that caused it.