1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Feature Embed Bungee-Cord into Spigot.

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by tenten8401, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a feature request, I am questioning on this, I run on shared hosting, And i cant run two servers at once, So, I thought, And thought, And thought, One day i'm like "Why not embed bungee-cord INTO spigot!" So that's what i'm posting here, I request a setting in the spigot.yml to enable embedded bungee-cord, By default its off, If you turn it on, The spigot build would change the port automatically and take over the old port with bungee-cord. Also, Take 100MB ram from the servers usage when using bungee. (so bungee can run). But i would think this would be a time and money saver for allot of people, But also continue bungee-cord for those people who have several nodes... BTW i forgot to mention, There would be a bungee.yml for the bungee settings to go in.

SUCH AN EPIC IDEA! :D

2. CustomForms

CustomForms Retired Moderator
    Retired Supporter

This will not happen.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Y not... D:

4. CustomForms

CustomForms Retired Moderator
    Retired Supporter

Because that is extremely pointless and would have many less pros than cons. On top of that, the work that would need to be put into it would be immense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dmck2b

Services Staff

Sooo.... What use is BungeeCord to you or anyone else in this position then?

Anyone who needs the use a bungee is highly likely to be on a VPS or dedi so that they can run multiple servers,and then run their bungee along side.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. LiLChris

LiLChris Retired Moderator
    Retired

This isn't going to happen.

1. Rent a dedi / vps
    2. Run Bungeecord and Spigot
    3. Network created

If you only have access to use 1 jar with your hosting provider this isn't for you.

7. md_5

Administrator Developer

1. So we should cheat hosts on your behalf
    2. The point of Bungee is to provide a network where multiple servers can drop out, in this case if your main server goes off for a restart, so do all servers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.