Enjin alternatives?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Galatiman, Jun 13, 2016.

1. I'm looking for an enjin alternative I want to be able to edit everything in browser and not have to do any FTP, SQL etc...

2. Xenforo needs to be installed via SSH/FTP and uses SQL.

3. Something like vBulletin Cloud might work. It's probably the only thing you'e looking for that isn't "freeforums" or something shitty like that. $15 a month, though

4. What's your issue with enjin?
    I've used it for quite a while and never had any issues with it. I know xenforo is better but enjin is cheaper :p

5. saphiria

Artist

Actually, if you look at Enjins plans, you will notice XenForo is quite cheaper.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. I agree with @Saphiria. It's true that Xenforo is cheaper in the long run.
    However, another free alternative is boards.net. Or you can just try to use wix.com or weebly.com, but those two are not really for gaming communities.

7. saphiria

Artist

Have you tried NamelessMC? It is a free solution made specifically for Minecraft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. This.

Although you still need to install it, after doing so you shouldn't need to edit anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Welp, I've never really looked at their plans because at that time I still used enjins free plan, and xenforo just looks so proffesional. And that's why I assumed Xenforo was pricey, lol :p