1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Bukkit Bug Enormous Chunk Issue: Complete Hangup + No chat until all chunks loaded.

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by Zeraceee, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [This happens whether spigot or bukkit latest build]

This has to be an issue with spigot. I have tried removing all plugins but multiverse, and even tried swapping out multiverse with another multiworld plugin. Completely barebones.

If I try to single handedly (No other players) teleport to a world, the whole entire server completely hangs up for 10-15 seconds as the chunks load. No one can chat, no one can execute commands. After all chunks in the area have loaded, the server continues.

I am using Java 7 with a 1270v2, 32gb ram, 1GB/s line @ 30TB bandwidth, and 120gb SSD. There should be NO reason that this is my server.

Here are example timings, looks to be no issues here:
    http://aikar.co/timings.php?url=5571437/

So it has to be spigot, barebones it still happens. This is a terrible bug that needs to be fixed as soon as possible. It is game breaking in many aspects.

#1 Zeraceee, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Updated the thread with more information, it has to be spigot/bukkit.

3. mikeprimm

mikeprimm Retired Developer
    Retired

Both Spigot and normal Bukkit? Have you reported to Bukkit team (since a problem with both, by default, means a Bukkit problem - just one we haven't fixed :) ) Please indicate the specific builds you tested ("latest" is always kind of imprecise).

4. Spigot Build #584 Bukkit Build #2634

Aikar is aware of it and may try to code a work around, apparently it is a generic 1.4 bug. Have not reported to bukkit team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.