Entirely disable / remove a Bukkit provided command

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by didinele, Aug 18, 2018.

1. So pretty much (I have my own reasons), I want to entirely get rid of Bukkit a bukkit command (say in my case), this is obviously possible via permissions, but this will not help towards the console, is there any way to do this?

2. Can't you block the commands and sent another message for example If command equals gamemode then set cancelled and send message "unknown command"
    or override it like essentials f.e the normal /gamemode command gets replaced with new /gamemode command with custom messages and stuff you an use or just block it like above and send custom message?
    or you can fork maybe Spigot and build your own version without the commands (not recommended).

3. Forking is clearly not an option, I am a developer, but java and Node.JS are entirely different.

Hmm? So is it possible to do it in essentials?

4. You're not a good developer if you can only develop in one specific language. Developers are flexible people. Your programming mindset doesn't change over a language change (or rather, it shouldn't).

One of your options is to hack into the Bukkit commandmap and simply remove the command completely. I have an in-progress open source plugin on GitHub which does this, so feel free to use some code of it.

5. I am not interested in learning Java, besides making MC plugins I'd use it for literally nothing, while node has far higher usage + I do know other languages besides node

Anyway, Ill try to.