EntityDamageByEntity event not triggering

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by John55223, Jun 25, 2016.

1. 100% clickbait title, put down your pitchforks, the event works fine--sort of.

It turns out that the event isn't triggered if the player is using a block to attack an entity, while under the effect of weakness. I have been trying to figure out a way to workaround this, but I haven't been able to figure out a way to trigger the event under those conditions. Anyone have any ideas?

2. How about submitting a bug report instead of making a click bait thread for everyone to start arguing in, this forum is for helping people solve bugs not making popular threads with pointless replies

3. I was hoping to see if there was a workaround for this, that didn't require waiting on the developers to fix this bug. I figured someone might've thought of a way to detect a player attacking and call the event, cause I can't.

4. The only way I can think of it actually opening up the spigot jar and seeing how they call it, there is a very good reason not many people carry around custom server jars that fix these bugs and that is because they need to update it everytime a new update comes out.

So it's your choice whether or not you want to have to keep your plugin update regularly or just wait a bit for developers to fix the bug for good.