Premium Epidemic [Paid]

Discussion in 'Resource Discussion' started by torpkev, Feb 16, 2019.

1. What are the chances of an update to 1.15.2?

2. It should work for 1.15.2 - Are you having any specific issues with it?

3. hi, i'm facing the same problem, using Paper 1.15.2 #126. it's completely default, i.e. freshly downloaded jar, no changes to anything. just run and it will fail like described in the post above. nevertheless i've placed an archive of my exact setup for you to test with, see your DMs please.

feel free to get back to me for further info or anything else.

#85 0x03, Mar 5, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  4. For completeness i just tried with a spigot 1.15.2 "CraftBukkit version git-Spigot-8faa8b4-13ed05d (MC: 1.15.2)" which behaves largely the same.

#86 0x03, Mar 5, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  5. Let me take a look and get back to you

• Like Like x 1
  6. torpkev updated Epidemic with a new update entry:

Bug fix

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. That uploaded file was super helpful. The version check was running before the config was loaded, which wouldn't be a problem unless the version check failed (as it did here).

I've moved the version check for now so things will start up correctly, and will try and put a permanent fix in asap.

In the meantime, I've added you both to the buyers list for Bazaar (https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/bazaar-player-admin-clan-shops.70293/) just to show my appreciation for your patience.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Happy to confirm it works with my above mentioned Paper build!

Thank you so much!

Edit: And thanks even more about the Bazaar gift, i'll be trying this out as soon as i get around to it <3

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Fantastic. Thanks again.. and please let me know if you run into any other issues!

10. I think i've spotted something else. In the default config.yml file that is written to disk if there is no configuration found, all the color coding is done by an ampersand (i.e. relief_name: "&aRelief Potion"), where it should be a paragraph symbol as seen below:

relief_name: "§aRelief Potion"
    cure_infection_name: "§aPenicillin"
    empty_syringe_name: "§aEmpty Syringe"
    full_syringe_name: "§aFull Syringe"

11. I suspect you're absolutely right, and just for fun, I'll give you a bit of a history lesson in my foolishness with color codes.

Once upon a time I was using the § symbol because, well, it just works right? Over time I got fed up with trying to remember (or look up) which letter/number goes with which color, and I was having a nightmare of unquoted strings throwing out errors when § was used... and so I had this amazing idea to replace it with something readable. I went with #COLOR.<color>#

For example, #COLOR.RED# would convert to §c inside my code - so my language file would look like this:

infect_error_001: "#COLOR.RED#Unexpected error getting ailment"

In my defense, it seemed like a really good idea at the time.

So I transitioned all the § codes to this #COLOR.x# codes in Epidemic and Domain - and it was just a mess if I'm honest

My main focus on plugins has been on Domain, so as I realized this all went to hell I transitioned that plugin (and my others) over to using

Code (Text):

ChatColor.translateAlternateColorCodes('&', input)

Which then used the & code instead of §, and the #COLOR.x# debacle went away.

But (long story short..) it looks like I didn't ever finish making that conversion in Epidemic, but I may have assumed so when putting the config together, and then I got busy with Myriad Clans, then Bazaar, then a custom song Jukebox plugin I have partially written - and it just got away from me. Sorry about that!

Honestly - Epidemic needs some update-love. I'll try and standardize back to & color codes in the next update! In the meantime, just change the & to § and you should be good.

Thanks for the heads up though, it is very helpful!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Talking of update love, you seem like a guy that would maybe listen to suggestions. Here's one we encountered earlier: for infectuous ailments it would be pretty awesome if the infection radius could be set per ailment so we could have more and less infectuous diseases.

I'll probably have some more. And i actually already have one in mind for Bazaar, but i'll post that over at that resource page.

In the meantime, do you have a discord to join? The invite link on the Bazaar resource page has expired.

13. I absolutely encourage ideas, I won't always implement them, but I'll always listen.

The range of infectious diseases is a good one, and actually something I've thought about myself.

Another one I want to get added in the near future is allowing a player to have multiple diseases at once (which will turn into a very bad time for them very quickly I'm sure), that'll be part of a slightly bigger update though.

Discord link is here: https://discord.gg/ptBRgu

14. I am looking forward to any coming update for sure. The whole idea of Epidemics adds so much depth to the game. I'm also in love with the idea of biological or even chemical warfare, maybe even by interfacing with another plugin that already does weaponry... From the top off my head: it would be awesome if i could load a QualityArmory gun with a bullet that spreads a virus, or something :-D

15. torpkev updated Epidemic with a new update entry:

Bug Fixes & Disabling Cauldron

Read the rest of this update entry...

16. does it support cyrillic symbols?

17. If spigot/minecraft support them, then I don't see why not.

Can you send me a message with an example (name, description, symptom text) and I try

18. name: Гангрена
    description: Некроз тканей живого организма чёрного цвета
    symptom text: Со временем развивается и дает слабость и утомление, если вовремя не вырезать, может привести к смерти