Essentials and custom player display names

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by iLikeS4uce, Jul 7, 2021.

1. I'm trying to set up a custom nickname plugin so the player can set their names color, but it seems like essentials messes this up. Whenever I try to set a players display name, it doesn't show it in chat when I have essentials installed. I want to keep essentials, is there a way I can disable essentials nicknames entirely?

2. Hello,
    in your essentials config file, there should be a section labeled "Disabled commands". There should be examples already there like -home and -nick. Just remove the - infront of nick or type nick below and it will disable the command completely.

3. This just disables the command, I'm looking for a way to disable essentials handing nicknames entirely.

4. Look under Essentias settings. You probably have told Essentials to use their player name instead of Display name.

You should probably look at the 'change-displayname' setting and maybe also the chat format setting 'format:' which might need to be changed.

5. You could also try negating the essentials permission for Nick in the base permission group of a permissions manager.