Essentials Back on Death Not Working

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by DannyBoi, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Hi,
    As the title says I'm using Essentials and I'm having issues getting back on death to work properly. Instead of teleporting to the location of death, it sends the player to the last place they teleported from, usually their home. I've had this issue for a while, but to be clear, I am using the most current version of paper and stable essentials builds, downloaded and updated earlier today. Players have the right permissions and I am OP and have this issue. I don't think I've missed anything in config.

Any ideas?

2. The back function doesn't work when you die. /back is a command.

3. Tested using paper-778 (1.16.5) and the Essentials jar provided from their website AND version 2.18.2.0 (the latest from their resource page) and it does work for me.

Ensure that players do actually have permission to perform the /back command, players require both essentials.back and essentials.back.ondeath in order to teleport to their death location. It should be noted that essentials.back is given by default to operators while essentials.back.ondeath is not given by default to operators.