Solved Essentials Chat formatting not working

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by Pigs111, May 20, 2017.

1. I am new to the whole server thing and I am still learning. For the past couple days I have been periodically trying to format the chat but it is staying the same. The one successful thing I have is that I was able to turn off the red for op. The plugins I have installed are:
    Plugins (12): WorldEdit, GroupManagerX, Essentials, Vault, EssentialsSpawn, EssentialsChat, EssentialsGeoIP, MassiveCore, WorldGuard, EssentialsAntiBuild, Factions, EssentialsProtect
    The config for Essentials is: (shortened and posted as comment, shortened to global and chat. limit 2k characters)

2. Gaxan

Supporter

What have you done to get it to work?
    Include your essentials config in a paste bin and give us something to go on.

3. I just messed a little bit with the chat settings to see if that will enable the prefixes from group manager and at least format the chat. Here is the pastebin: https://pastebin.com/PP9SGPuA
    Thanks for the response :)

4. Gaxan

Supporter

You've added this and you aren't seeing this? correct?
    Code (Text):

group-formats:
        Default: '&7[Default]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'
        SuperAdmin: '&7[SuperAdmin]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'
        Owner: '&7[Owner]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'
        Builder: '&7[Builder]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'
        ModeratorTrainee: '&7[ModTrainee]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'
        Moderator: '&7[Mod]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'
        Deluxe: '&7[Deluxe]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'
        Premium: '&7[Premium]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'
        Coowner: '&7[Co-Owner]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'

This would look like [Rank] Yourname: Message here

5. I do understand what it would look like but as I chat it does not show the way that it is designed to.

Attached Files:

6. Its because Factions is overriding it. Disable Factions chat formatting in its instances.json

7. But yes you are right. I am not seeing that

8. Okay, thanks I will try that.

9. Do you mind telling the location of that file? Sorry if it is basic knowledge. I am learning and we all start somewhere.

10. Nevermind, I found it and it fixed my problem. Thank you all for your responses :) Have a wonderful evening!