EssentialsChat - Multi Prefixes

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by RealDestinator, May 18, 2016.

1. Hello all,

Sadly I'm back again because I cannot seem to find the answer to this question anywhere. How do I have multiple prefixes or suffixes with EssentialsChat? I'm using PermissionsEX and I have already looked in essentials confiig to find the option. Sadly, I cannot find it anywhere.

Any help much appriciated.

Many thanks,
    Dest

EDIT:
    I'm using essentials 2.13.1 with PaperSpigot-43 for 1.7.10

http://pastebin.com/KzEG73nQ << My config. The group-format doesn't work.

#1 RealDestinator, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
  2. mathhulk

mathhulk Retired Moderator
    Retired

Listen. There have been multiple threads going on about this. There is no easy way to give players MULTIPLE prefixes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Install EssentialsChat and then go intro the config.yml in the Essentials Folder. Go to the Point "EssentialsChat" Remove the # at the Group Prefixes and add your own groups :D, then write the Chatformat.
    Sorry for my bad English, i come from Switzerland.

4. EssentialsChat is already installed.

5. mathhulk

Retired

I am guessing you want something like "[God] [Staff] player > hi" where the player has the prefix of both the God rank and the Staff rank. Now, as I said above, there is NO easy way to do this.
    However, you could create a sub-group for every group you have. For example, GodStaff with the prefix "[God] [Staff]".

6. I feel like this method would be very annoying and inefficient as the amount of groups would add up exponentially.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mathhulk

Retired