Evaluating timings report

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by ThorinEk, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Hello! I own a server that usually has around 5-10 people online concurrently. It is not uncommon for the TPS to drop to around 7-8 even when there is just 2-3 players online. I am having some trouble findig the main issues and solutions from my timings report.(see here)
    The way I understand from reading other forum threads is that Worldguard constantly checks for hopper-updates and that that is one of the main issues.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    //Thorin

Attached Files:

2. It looks like it's related to hoppers, but it seems you only have approx 230 of them. That's not a lot. Are you home hosting? What type of computer are you using? Is it old/slow?

3. The server is a VPS rented from a german host named Contabo. I believe their server quality is the same as any other decent Minecraft host. Yesterday, I increased the duration between hopper-checks from 1 to 10 and since then the TPS appears to have been fixed. However I have not yet had the time to stresstest the server so I can not say for certain that it helped.

#3 ThorinEk, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  4. I don't know much about the internal workings of this. I use shared Minecraft hosting and one of my players built a contraption with 9,120(!) hoppers. It didn't cause any lag.