1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Exception while ticking a block (BlockRedstoneComparator.c)

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by DerFlash, May 16, 2013.

1. Hi there.

Any idea about this crash log? http://paste.md-5.net/cogadajeqi.parser3

I'm just guessing here, but could those dozen "Current Thread: Async Packet Handler - XXX" be some chat packet spam which is then resulting/running into some "bug" within the BlockRedstoneComparator implementation?

I just wondered why all those packet handlers' stack traces are currently at:

Code (Text):
    2013-05-15 19:33:52 [SEVERE]        me.neatmonster.spacebukkit.players.PlayerLogger.cleanPlayersChats(PlayerLogger.java:76)
    2013-05-15 19:33:52 [SEVERE]        me.neatmonster.spacebukkit.players.PlayerLogger.addPlayerChat(PlayerLogger.java:43)
    2013-05-15 19:33:52 [SEVERE]        me.neatmonster.spacebukkit.players.SBListener.onPlayerChat(SBListener.java:46)
    Or is it the plugin spacebukkit itself? But how could this be related to the crash on BlockRedstoneComparator.c?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Thanks!
    DerFlash

2. md_5

Administrator Developer

Either spacebukkit is broke, or someone is really spamming, but either of those wouldnt affect the comparator.
    I'm just putting this down to one of those Minecraft moments.

3. I thought so too the last time it happened (~2 weeks ago?!).
    This is the second time so I thought I should ask/report ;-)

Btw, some more informations if that may help to get to find out what's happened:
    - This comparator is one of a line of comparators. IIRC the intention of placing them directly in line was to keep the delay low?!
    - The whole hour before it crashed the server was lagging at almost zero ticks (which may be explained by the "spamming" packets going on?!) but I wasn't home to check with timings or jstatd :-(

Also thanks for confirming my guess that there's something wrong with SpaceBukkit here.