Execute a Command When a User Enters An Area?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by Bibleebob, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Hello! I'm in the process of creating a minigames server network. For reasons I'd rather not go into, the Server Hub server and one of the minigames servers are connected. For the purposes of this, I'll call this minigames server x. When you join my server, you have a few basic items in your inventory (a compass, book and some other things). I understand perfectly how to do this, and that's fine.

My problem is, when you've played x, your inventory clears and you are sent back to the hub. I'd like it so, when return to hub you are given the same items you had before. So, I thought, I'll just execute a /kit command when they return to the spawn area. After a fair bit of Googling, I found no way whatsoever to do this.

So I thought I'd ask this on Spigot - does anyone know a way to execute a command when a user enters a specific world/area? I don't mind if it's with plugins, command blocks etc. Basically anyway within Bukkit/Spigot Minecraft. Thanks!

2. You could use VariableTriggers. That's really the only plugin that comes straight to mind with area activation stuff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Wait is the "Hub" on a completely different server? If it is then the inventory shouldn't reset.

4. The hub is on the same server. I did try to explain that on the above text, but I'm pretty tired at the moment so my writing may be a little sloppy. :p

5. Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much! :)

6. It's actually pretty handy for other stuff like making moving blocks and stuff.

7. That is a good point! I forgot about that. Thanks for bringing it up. q:

#9 Bibleebob, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014