Bukkit ExecuteEverywhere 1.2.4

A Redis-based alternative to CommandSync that actually works properly

1. Make sure redis server is not binder to 127.0.0.1 and bind it to 0.0.0.0 in that case it should work for you in execute everywhere

2. "...when i bind 0.0.0.0 ..."
    Also no errors in redis log.

3. Hi, i have two vps with differents spigot servers in all of these.
    I want to execute commands in all servers of my two vps.
    Can anyone explain me step by step how to do that ?

Thanks

4. vemacs

Artist

Pick a VPS, change /etc/redis/redis.conf to bind to 0.0.0.0. Firewall the Redis server, put the VPS hosting Redis' IP in ExecuteEverywhere.

5. Hi there,

So this is what i did :

VPS1 IP = **.**.**.100
    VPS2 IP = **.**.**.101

- Redis-server is on VPS1 with /etc/redis/redis.conf bind to 0.0.0.0
    - On the Spigot servers on the VPS1 i have 0.0.0.0 in the config of the plugin

- There is not Redis-server on VPS2
    - On the Spigot servers on the VPS2 i have 0.0.0.0 on the config of the plugin

It is working perfectly with servers of the VPS1.

When i do /ee from VPS1, VPS2 do not receive anything
    When i do /ee from VPS2, i have this error :

Code (Text):
    [21:38:22] [Server thread/INFO]: [0;32;1mSent /m mister_ideas test for execution.[m
    [21:38:22] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 2/WARN]: Exception in thread "Craft Scheduler Thread - 2"
    [21:38:22] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 2/WARN]: org.apache.commons.lang.UnhandledException: Plugin ExecuteEverywhere v1.2.3-SNAPSHOT generated an exception while executing task 810
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.scheduler.CraftAsyncTask.run(CraftAsyncTask.java:56)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    Caused by: me.vemacs.executeeverywhere.internal.jedis.exceptions.JedisConnectionException: Could not get a resource from the pool
        at me.vemacs.executeeverywhere.internal.util.Pool.getResource(Pool.java:42)
        at me.vemacs.executeeverywhere.bukkit.ExecuteEverywhere$2.run(ExecuteEverywhere.java:71)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:71)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.scheduler.CraftAsyncTask.run(CraftAsyncTask.java:53)
        ... 3 more
    Caused by: me.vemacs.executeeverywhere.internal.jedis.exceptions.JedisConnectionException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
        at me.vemacs.executeeverywhere.internal.jedis.Connection.connect(Connection.java:142)
        at me.vemacs.executeeverywhere.internal.jedis.BinaryClient.connect(BinaryClient.java:75)
        at me.vemacs.executeeverywhere.internal.jedis.BinaryJedis.connect(BinaryJedis.java:1724)
        at me.vemacs.executeeverywhere.internal.jedis.JedisFactory.makeObject(JedisFactory.java:65)
        at me.vemacs.executeeverywhere.internal.commons.pool2.impl.GenericObjectPool.create(GenericObjectPool.java:819)
        at me.vemacs.executeeverywhere.internal.commons.pool2.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:429)
        at me.vemacs.executeeverywhere.internal.commons.pool2.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:360)
        at me.vemacs.executeeverywhere.internal.util.Pool.getResource(Pool.java:40)
        ... 6 more
    Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:204)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)
        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
        at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589)
        at me.vemacs.executeeverywhere.internal.jedis.Connection.connect(Connection.java:137)
        ... 13 more
    What's wrong with my config ?

6. vemacs

Artist

0.0.0.0 is a bind address, not an IP address. VPS2 won't magically know what 0.0.0.0 means. Put VPS1's IP in VPS2's config, and be sure to firewall. If it's still not working, restart Redis and check your firewall settings.

7. Running ee kick on 1 server throws this error...Any ideas on what I did wrong? (I use BAT for kick)

[03:27:05 INFO]: CONSOLE issued server command: /kick sreamingeagel cheater
    [03:27:05 INFO]: Error: Asynchronous player kick!

8. I thought it was eb or something for bungee commands

9. vemacs

Artist

10. vemacs

Artist

Try latest update

• Like Like x 1
  11. add option to execute the command if the server is off. and the light is switched on

12. Hi @vemacs

Are you planning on adding support for executing a command on only one or a select set of servers?
    Perhaps make it possible to define groups of servers in the config to execute a command upon?

Etc.
    Code (Text):

Groups:
      hideandseek
      - has1
      - has2
      - has3
      survivalgames
      - sg1
      - sg2
      - sg3

This would allow for /ee:group CommandToExecuteOnServersInGroup to be run from any server.

I'm using this plugin atm, but am in need of something that would allow me to execute an /ee command on server 1 that would run the specificied server command on server 2.

If this is a time consuming feature or whatever, please get in touch with me and we can figure out payment. I believe more than just I could benefit from this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tux

Tux

I actually implemented something similar back in February of this year, but @vemacs hasn't pulled: https://github.com/vemacs/ExecuteEverywhere/pull/1

14. Just what I need it seems!
    Thanks for posting, hoping to see a pull then.

If not, would it be OK to compile a custom build or is that against your license of choice @vemacs ?

15. Since it's open source i think you're allowed to re-use it and compile it like you want with the code you want

16. Tux

Tux

17. Oh, excuse me please.
    I just got used to that, I appeal to you for help plugin BAT :D