Experience Orbs not appearing after death

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by dabustumb, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Hello everyone, I'm currently having this small problem with the server I have with a couple friends that the small part of the experience that you are supposed to drop when you die it just doesnt appear. I'm using the Spigot 1.15.1 that is provided by the hosting company (ExtraVM) in the settings of the Server Manager.

I've done a lot of research but haven't found anything similar anywhere and I'm hoping maybe someone around here could give me a hand on how to fix this or if anyone has had the same problem before.

Note: I also have right now the Clearlag plugin but this problem appeared before I added the plugin when we switched the JAR file to Spigot instead of vanilla.

Thank you in advance, help is very much appreciated!
    Have a great day.

2. What plugins do you have installed on the server.

3. I have this
    20.01 09:10:53 [Server] Server thread/INFO Loading ClearLag v3.1.0
    20.01 09:10:53 [Server] Server thread/INFO Loading KeepDeathDrop v1.0.7

And also if its useful in any way:
    20.01 09:10:38 [Server] Server thread/INFO This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Spigot-2ee05fe-2d9db47 (MC: 1.15.1) (Implementing API version 1.15.1-R0.1-SNAPSHOT)

But as I said on the original post, had this problem before adding those 2 plugins, so I have no idea whats wrong.
    Thank you for replying though.

#3 dabustumb, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  4. Do you have any other plugins?

5. Nope, just those 2

6. How much EXP do you have when you die?

EXP only spawns if (I believe) you have over 3 exp levels.
    It also will not spawn if you die in the following ways:

- Lava death,
    - Burning Death,
    - Drowning,
    - Death from explosion,

If you were killed by a player, its likely the player would collect it, and not even realise. Since if you die with 3 levels, the player only gets a fraction of that EXP, so it may not even level them up. It all depends.

Feel free add anymore comments you have on the deaths and exp levels, it seems this isnt a server issue, but just an MC mechanic being misunderstood.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Has happened a couple times when having 20+ levels and dying to fall damage or hostile mobs like zombies or skeletons, even while pvp with bows so there is no way the other player takes the experience... Players simply don't drop any experience other than their inventory.

8. Well to my understanding, Spigot does not change the dropping of EXP.

This would mean there is a system or setting somewhere that is editing that.
    I doubt the host has anything to do with it.

I would check any gamerules? Maybe you have one that would affect EXP.