Solved Extends Entity --> CustomEntity

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Seager_, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Hello. I would like to create custom entities. (I'll call them Beasts in this thread) (Custom name, Custom EntityType etc. ). There is only one thing i need. In the finale i need to be able to do instanceof Beast on Entity. I tried to extend Entity on the Beast class, but later realized that i can't extend an interface (stupid me). So i tried extending some of the net.minecraft classes. I tried to extend EntityCreature. That looked pretty well, but then i found a completely new problem: How the **** should i spawn those custom entities. I obviously can't use Bukkit.spawnEntity() because there is no way of setting the object to be an Beast instead of Entity. Maybe i am missing something. Maybe i'm doing it completely wrong. I tried searching on forums and google. Found nothing. How should i do it? Is there a better solution? How can i spawn a custom Entity (Beast).

2. There is at least a full page of google results that explain how to create and spawn a custom entity. You should really work on your search skills.

3. Oh just tried to search it on google. it spat out many results. i normally use duckduckgo.com I'm sorry. setting this as solved.