Spigot Extra Hard Mode 3.14.2

Deliver interesting new challenges for advanced players

1. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

No worries, but according to the page, all of the builds in question were on master. We did ignore them, since there were build/test errors, but just sayin' ...

#581 SlimeDog, Mar 22, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  2. Edit: Those aren't on master. Those are PRs on different branches that target master (meant to be merged to master if accepted). If you click the last failed build there it will link you to the latest automated PR by dependabot, which is in the failed state. https://github.com/MLG-Fortress/ExtraHardMode/pull/274

Life is short, push to master

But yea if you're automating off of a repo, you might want to pull on tags, not just latest commit. I follow trunk-based development with tags to denote releases - I don't do complicated git flow unless I have a need for such a thing, e.g. maintaining different versions, etc.

#582 RoboMWM, Mar 22, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Will you add buff to wither boss? like you did with ender dragon?

4. Always welcome to receive any PRs that add new features.

5. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

OK, I see how to distinguish between straight-up commits to master and PRs. Thanks.

6. When I change the explosion power of ghast fireballs in the config, it doesn't change anything in game.
    I'm on version 1.16.5.

7. Hello, could you please update this plugin to 1.17?

8. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

For one example: candles should be extinguished in a manner similar to torches.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Think there was a similar discussion in a GitHub issue about other light sources. Idea behind extinguishing torches in rain is that they're cheap to make and easy to scatter around. Is this the same for candles? Similar considerations for caves as well. (And no I haven't played with the new stuff in 1.17 yet lol.)

10. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Candles are not as easy to make as torches, as the resources are more difficult to acquire.
    • torch = stick + coal
    • candle = honeycomb + string
    But the logic is the same. A configurable option would be nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I think this is a healthy sentiment, I'm sure plenty of servers use specific parts of EHM because there are so many things that only EHM does well.
    For us, it's the environmental damage and status effects, mob abilities, grinder inhibiting, and a few other tidbits that we use to make our server more challenging without the 'higher numbers = harder' pitfall.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Two most recent builds (156 and 157) failed to produce artifacts, for a simple reason:

13. Yea, I fixed this but idk if I pushed out a build yet. Trying to switch the builds to jdk 16.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

No build since the fix. It would be nice to trigger one. :cool:

15. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

A build was triggered by the plugin.yml PR, but it failed for other reasons.

16. Is there a working 1.17+ build hosted anywhere?

17. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Dev build 155 (the last successful build) works fine on our 1.17.1 servers. YMMV.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sadly the jar artifacts are no longer there for #155.

19. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Yikes. So you really need to lean on RoboMWM to fix the build process, so that we get access to successful build artifacts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Hey @RoboMWM can you please fix the build artifacts as there's no current jar available for 1.17+?

• Agree Agree x 1