Spigot Extra Hard Mode 3.14.2

Deliver interesting new challenges for advanced players

1. Or PRs. Blame maven for being retarded and whoever's decision it was to block http repos in maven 3.8. Can't get a jdk16 build without also having issues getting maven to heccin build it. Prolly gonna have to revert this hunk of junk.

2. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Please wait a bit. I'm reaching out to see if we can get some assistance. It would be nice to grant access to b155 again, though.

3. appveyor changed their retention policies. I can't control that.
    I'll push out a change to revert back to building with jdk8 for now...

I still don't know why maven has made the strangest decisions, nor why Mojang decided to use a non-LTS version of Java...

4. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Staying on Java 8 required too many restrictions. It's irrelevant that Java 16 is non-LTS. The upgrade to more modern software was essential, and there was no reason to wait for Java 17 to get MC 1.17 out the door.

5. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Thanks for b166. Dev unable to offer anything helpful wrt Java 16, although he did suggest you might want to stay on Java 8 or 11, to maintain backwards compatibility to previous MC versions.

6. well yes, I get moving to Java 11, but 16 when half the maven plugins don't even work with that is a bit annoying to say the very least (maven shade plugin as one example)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Reminder: The current dev build (166) expires 10 hours from now. :cool:

8. Placing blocks under players is set to false. But players can still place blocks under them. Went thru the config can't find anything wrong with it. Happened after I updated from 1.16.4 to 1.17.1

9. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Code (YAML):
    ExtraHardMode:
      World Rules
    :
        # Blocks jumping and placing a block directly beneath you and branching out with no blocks to support
        Limited Block Placement
    : true
    Prevents me from placing blocks under player. Perhaps you have some overrides set?

10. Hello! first of all very nice plugin but i have a problem.

the raid farms (evoker and invaders) don't drop totems, only if i give them from creative, is there any option i have to disable?

11. Hello, was something changed in 1.18 version that would make this plugin malfunctioning?
    I am asking before updating.

12. Can confirm doesn't work on 1.18.x

13. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

The plugin has SWAMP_HILLS biome hardcoded, which does not exist in MC 1.18.x. There is a fork that removes that line of code (and nothing else) at https://github.com/SlimeDog/ExtraHardMode, but you'll have to build it yourself. When the upstream fork works on 1.18.x, I will delete mine.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. My fav part of the plugin is the limit on block placement and gravity can Dev can you please make a separate plugin with just these features that works with 1.18

15. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Can you not just enable only the parts you want?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I tried it still changes the mobs so I think a seperate plugin would be good

17. Thanks for your fork SlimeDog. I have one error when cleaning the package with maven 3. I am doing something wrong?
    Code (Text):
     Failed to execute goal pl.project13.maven:git-commit-id-plugin:4.0.5:revision (get-the-git-infos) on project ExtraHardMode: Could not complete Mojo execution...: Error: Could not get HEAD Ref, are you sure you have set the d
    otGitDirectory property of this plugin to a valid path? -

18. Or can you make it so I can disable all the mob changes

19. I also cant download your 1.18 version of extrahardmode

20. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

I am not the developer, so no, I cannot make anything.
    There is no "1.18 version" to download. I supplied a link to the modified source code. You would have to build it yourself.