Factions plugin for Spigot 1.8+

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by Swerve, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey. I am running Spigot 1.8.3 and I was wondering if there are any free faction plugins out there. I want the old factions with none of the /f p I want the classic /f who, /f power plugin. I saw this http://www.spigotmc.org/resources/factionsuuid.1035/ but it's $15 and I don't know if I'm able to pay that much. :|

Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

PS my factions was working for 1.7.9 spigot (works with 1.8 clients) jar but when I updated to fix essentials signs, factions stopped working.

2. You can get the factionuuid plugin you mentioned from their Git repository for free, I believe. But it's always good to donate as a token of appreciation for their hard work.

3. Could you link me? :)

I'm willing to donate $2 or something like that. And even more in the future if I can get it to work.

4. I'm not entirely sure id drtshock made it open source for that ._.

5. Faction is released under GPL, hence the factionuuid is also released under GPL meaning, you have access to their source code.

However, GPL != free software. GPL == Free to use/modify/distribute with GPL (and possible charges).

6. https://github.com/drtshock/Factions

7. I'm looking for a .jar that I can just drag and drop to install. I just want it so me and my friends don't have to use the newer factions. :|
    @drtshock Could you help me? :)

Thanks! :D

8. joehot200

Supporter

Compile it into a JAR. Stop being lazy! :p

Or if you're not bothered, FactionsUUID is there for $15 as a premium resource with a JAR download.

9. I don't know what compile even means :D I will look up a tutorial though. :)

Thanks.

10. :facepalm:
    but he's willing to learn himself

11. Changed my mind I need someone to compile it for me...

Who wants a dollar? lol

12. Ass hole. Offering money for someone to compile it instead of just purchasing the resource? Read my first post in the discussion section of the resource:
    And the rant at the top of the description:

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. joehot200

Supporter

I think your reaction is a bit over the top. He probably doesn't have $15, and (possibly correctly) believes that he cannot obtain it from you for less than that amount.

14. If that's the case then he didn't take the time to read which would also warrant my reaction. Either way, offering money (no matter how much) to someone else to compile it is just being a dick.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. I'm just a kid. I didn't mean to offend you or anything... you're a great developer and I use several of your free plugins (PV, ObyBreaker) I just really wanted your version of factions but I can't spend $15 to buy the jar. I figured out there is source code I could use but then again I don't know how to compile so I thought that someone could do it for me (I said $1 because no one will waste their time on me for free).. I'm sorry :|

I'll ask my friends and see if we can gather the $15 together and purchase your plugin. :(

Sorry again

16. Like I mentioned in the previous email. you can donate him something within your capacity as a token of appreciation. Yes, GPL(v3) does allow you to charge whatever you want. However, you can also get the source code and do whatever you want as long as you follow the GPL (v3). The developer cannot force you to pay rather than obtaining the source code and compile it yourself (ask your friend(s) to compile).

But again, I would stress that developers spend their valuable time on developing/maintaining those resources, and we should honour their work and provide some compensation.

17. And you still don't read what I literally pasted on this thread for you to read :(

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.