Factions server using more than 10 gb ram in less of 12 hours

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by malachiel, May 25, 2016.

1. Hi i started recently to have the issue with this server in my factions server, it got 3 vanilla worlds (world/nether/end) plus 2 plot world (plots+megaplots) and now in few hours with less than 20-30 players, it start to fill up all ram.
    I am using 1.8.8 and these plugins:
    Code (Text):
    MinecraftMarket, WorldEdit, HealthBar, Skript, Craftconomy3, ChatControl, FlyPlugin, BungeePerms, WorldGuard, MCItaliaRewards, GuiRedeemMCMMO, Nicky, DuckSuiteTeleports, SQLibrary, mcMMO, ViaVersion, pvpstats, Vault, MassiveCore, TitleManager,
    2;1mChestShop, DuckSuiteHomes, MarriageMaster, NoFlyZone, Jobs, PlotSquared, Auctions, PlayerPoints, Multiverse-Core, ProtocolLib, LibsDisguises, MythicDrops, Citizens, Factions, DuckSuiteWarps, ChestCommands, PvPManager, MyPet, CompatNoCheatPlus, FactionChat, HolographicDisplays, CrateReloaded, MyPet-NPC, NoCheatPlus, LeaderHeads>
    My startup string is -Xmx10142M -Duser.timezone=Europe/Rome -jar spigot.jar nogui
    Timings: http://www.spigotmc.org/go/timings?url=16687679

Tps are fine 19.70/19.99 but it fill up all ram of my dedicated macchine make the cpu to stress, is pretty strange that use it all in less than 1 day

#1 malachiel, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
  2. Try to use "-Xms3G -Xmx10G"

#2 Dard, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
  3. Wasn't it supposed to be "-Xms3G"? with a "s" instead of a "x"?

4. Same thing already tried

5. Cayorion

Patron

Hello @malachiel :)!

We run Factions ourselves at MassiveCraft (version 2.8.14 to be specific) and do not experience any memory leaks. With this in mind I doubt that it is Factions that is causing the memory leak for you.

If you have a memory leak looking at timings will not help you. Memory leaks do not create TPS issues. They just eat RAM. What you need to do is create a so called heap dump and then run it though the Eclipse Memory Analyzer: http://www.eclipse.org/mat/

This is a pretty advanced process but there are loads of tutorials on how to do it so if you try really hard I'm sure you will succeed. I have personally used MAT to fix 5 memory leaks or so.

6. ^^^ Follow him ^^^

• Friendly Friendly x 1