Factions TPS Issues

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by PinchCraft, Mar 4, 2018.

1. #1 PinchCraft, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  2. Hey FactionsUUID developer here. Would be great if you purchased the plugin if you need support :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Hahahaha... This was funny to see !! jajajajaja

4. You may need to get more low entities...

You have too much entities that are making your server going down on TPS.

Try to change the parameters on spigot.yml with the Entities thing and test it.

5. I did purchase it, I'm on the buyer's list. Its not support for the actual factions plugin, the plugin is great, just the server in general.

6. https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/crop-hopper.48715/
    I use that plugin for entities, cacti make up 90% of the entities probably.
    Some players said the crop hoppers drop an entity then quickly, is that the case (src is there). If so, is it possible to fix it? Of course I'd pay someone to fix it, but is it possible to have the entity never drop in the first place?

7. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

Update to the latest version of WorldGuard and set it to ignore InventoryMoveItemEvents. Paper also has a patch to improve Hopper performance since build 1327, some of the functionality is included in my HopperImprovements plugin. You would be better off getting your players to lower the amounts of hoppers that they build though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Oh sorry, I did a search and the entire page must not have been loaded. I see that you have.

The suggestions since then all make good points.

9. Thanks. The newer version of WorldGuard don't work on 1.8 sadly. I could easily get a plugin made that ignores inventorymoveitemevents right? I'll definitely look into the hopperimprovements. Sadly, I can't use build 1327 because its not 1.8, but I'll take a look at that HopperImprovements for sure.

10. I can help fix your lag add Carry Lord#8349 message me the timings and you are from spigot.

11. Just post it here so other users can also benefit from it.

12. > [04:53:39 WARN]: [Factions] Task #41849 for Factions v1.6.9.5-U0.2.0-SNAPSHOT generated an exception
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: An objective of name '90540a7ea48871_0' already exists
    at org.apache.commons.lang.Validate.isTrue(Validate.java:136) ~[server.jar:git-TacoSpigot-c98afce0]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.scoreboard.CraftScoreboard.registerNewObjective(CraftScoreboard.java:31) ~[server.jar:git-TacoSpigot-c98afce0]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.scoreboard.CraftScoreboard.registerNewObjective(CraftScoreboard.java:1) ~[server.jar:git-TacoSpigot-c98afce0]
    at com.massivecraft.factions.scoreboards.BufferedObjective.flip(BufferedObjective.java:113) ~[?:?]
    at com.massivecraft.factions.scoreboards.FScoreboard.updateObjective(FScoreboard.java:146) ~[?:?]
    at com.massivecraft.factions.scoreboards.FScoreboard.access$300(FScoreboard.java:15) ~[?:?]
    at com.massivecraft.factions.scoreboards.FScoreboard$1.run(FScoreboard.java:109) ~[?:?]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:59) ~[server.jar:git-TacoSpigot-c98afce0]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:349) [server.jar:git-TacoSpigot-c98afce0]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.B(MinecraftServer.java:799) [server.jar:git-TacoSpigot-c98afce0]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.DedicatedServer.B(DedicatedServer.java:381) [server.jar:git-TacoSpigot-c98afce0]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.A(MinecraftServer.java:729) [server.jar:git-TacoSpigot-c98afce0]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:631) [server.jar:git-TacoSpigot-c98afce0]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_151]

13. That hopper improvements plugin made a huge, huge difference, thanks bro

14. May I ask how it improves hopper lag?

15. I had to go into the config and disable InventoryMoveItemEvents which isn't set by default. Make sure you do that

16. Oh, I was talking about the Hopperimprovements plugin.

17. Yes that's what I was talking about. I assume it just stops or optimizes the InventoryMoveItemEvents which reduces all the TPS lag that check causes, but I wouldn't know (not a dev)

18. Wait, so you installed the plugin, and it automatically made your hopper lag go away?

19. just do the config option I said and it helps most of the lag